Sign in to follow this  
ghostrider 112

The Airbus I Am Waiting For...

Guest mikealpha

I tend to support the Air Simmer team. A professional feature list and some infos about the team. Besides that, they remain relaxed, no hype. And no mouthful 'ultrahigh' advertisements, which products often can't hold later (no name calling here). Similar to the Maddog 2006 team. Again just a feature list, friendly and professional answers and that's it. The result is the most gorgeous simulation ever made, it more than holds it's advertisements. And no surprise, still a friendly and constructive forum.So it should be :-)Beware too much bla-bla and screenshot hype, again not only related to Airbusses :-)Mike

Just reading some of these posts and while I'd like to get an A320 the queston is whether to choose the one available right now or the Dreamfleet team version when it's ready. When I take the Dreamfleet B58(XP) out and observe just how fluid the instruments are and the build quality of the rest of their aircraft I am leaning to waiting regardless of which quarter it shows up in within reason. Dave

Guest DreamFleet

That's most kind of you to say, Dave, very much appreciated, and the quarter that our A320 shows up in will be darn close to, if not the exact one we indicate. That means by the end of June 2007.Let me add...Jean-Luc Dupiot, of Reality XP, and the sole programmer for the AXP A320 got hit with the flu, followed by pneumonia about a 6 weeks ago. It was not a pretty picture, and when he got over it, he felt it best to take a vacation for a week after he recovered, and I do not blame him. He was out of action for almost a month. He is a married man with two children.That does mean that there will be a delay either. Jean-Luc is back to his 16 hour days, as are the rest of us.The fact is, FS add-on development teams are not comprised of scores of individuals, as some may think, they are usually just a few people, and the loss of any one can cause a delay. The market is not nearly as big as some may think. Last time I checked, there are just THREE (3) people building the AXP Airbus.Trust me when I say: We do not want a delay any more than any of you do. In fact, we want do not want any delay!If it were up to us, the A320 would be released tomorrow! :)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Hi Lou,Yes we all have our lives and each have other responciblities and we all realise that.I would like you to know that, many of us will be staying with FS9 for the next two years at least, probably more with all that we have accrued for FS9.So, please don't worry about the market for the A320 as I am sure that it will be a stunner and 'Stunners' remain.Thanks for your interest and support to all us 'Electronic anoracks' LOL:-lol :-halo

Dave Taylor gb.png

>I tend to support the Air Simmer team. A professional feature>list and some infos about the team. Besides that, they remain>relaxed, no hype. And no mouthful 'ultrahigh' advertisements,>which products often can't hold later (no name calling here).>>Mike>Mike, That is the most over hyped airbus team never released a payware product ;-)Andr

André

>Just reading some of these posts and while I'd like to get an>A320 the queston is whether to choose the one available right>now or the Dreamfleet team version when it's ready. When I>take the Dreamfleet B58(XP) out and observe just how fluid the>instruments are and the build quality of the rest of their>aircraft I am leaning to waiting regardless of which quarter>it shows up in within reason. DaveDave,This one is easy with the teams behind the product it can't go wrong :-)Andr

André

>Last time I checked, there are just THREE (3) people building>the AXP Airbus.That's an interesting datapoint.One of the real strengths of the Dreamfleet 727 was (is) the flight dynamics, designed by Ron Freimuth (with collaboration of a number of others), one of the real heavies in FS dynamics.If only these three people are developing the A320, I'm wondering who's doing the FDE? Don't see any experience evident on the team with what is one of the more difficult and critical parts of any add-on project.And who's coding the systems simulations? The FMS? Effects? Sounds? We have a team of just three guys, as Lou tells it...a gauge programmer that writes nice fluid panel gauges but who has never released an FMS or anything like in-depth simulation of interrelated aircraft systems, a scenery designer that's never released an aircraft model, and a general developer that's mostly renowned for turning photos into nice panel graphics. And none of them has any r/w experience in a transport category jet. I hope they pull it off, I really do. But "the Scarebus I am waiting for"??? Really?? Why should anyone trust that this team will accurately reproduce the complex systems behavior of an A320 their first time out together, despite major gaps in their base of expertise? Well, we'll have to wait and see, but I certainly will not be holding off on any other product that may emerge in the meantime, because the probability of success in producing a high-fidelity ScarelinerXP A320 add-on looks like anything but a sure thing. Now if this ends up being a set of fluid gauges with a partially-functional FMS that can't do VNAV right...a set of skin-deep system simulations behind a set of dummy switches, maybe they can pull something like that off. But a PMDG or LDS quality full-featured aircraft simulation? Hmmm, not so sure about that one.I remain sceptical.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest JeanLuc_

good post Bob, please, keep them coming! In my humble opinion I don't know what you are expecting in particular coming to the board calling an announced product a "ScarelinerXP"?!?! We have announced the Airliner XP A320 but I don't know about this product. Certainly not one of ours.As for the team, well, for now we have announced only us three companies DreamFleet, FlightScenery and Reality XP represented by individuals you already know. However, there are MANY other team members we have not announced yet working on this project, especially on the flight model, the systems, not counting the many pilots and maintenance professionals working as advisors.DreamFleet, FlightScenery and Reality XP have a tradition of accurate rendition of what they simulate (and anyone can argue about "rendition" I realize that so let's say as accurate as possible instead) and I really can't see, after being in this market for a cumulative expertise of nearly 19 years, not wistanding the additional more than 15 years of professional modeling for FlightScenery founder for example and the number of awards this community and market has given to all of us, why this project would be less than exceptional from the standpoint of the expertise invested in it.As for the rest, well, if you excuse me we use to say in French "meme les fosses sont sceptiques" :-) (sorry, can't have a correct translation for this one in english)

Guest mikealpha

Andre,I meant hype from the developers (haven't seen any from the Air Simmer team). Not hype from users ;-)Mike

"Last time I checked, there are just THREE (3) people building the AXP Airbus." from DreamFleet's post Sat Mar-31-07 05:06 AM"However, there are MANY other team members we have not announced yet working on this project, especially on the flight model, the systems, not counting the many pilots and maintenance professionals working as advisors. from JeanLuc's post, Sat Mar-31-07 01:35 PMThree or many, and who do we believe?

>>Three or many, and who do we believe? The developers? Just an idea.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Bob,I have always read your writings with interest and respect over the years. On this one though I don't think your perception is correct.Three years of development would seem about right from my (limited) experience FS 'bus' development.As you know, to build an Airbus to Level D/PMDG standard, you need a lot of knowledge about the aircraft before you start.If you think Jean-Luc and his team do not have that knowledge, just rustle up a few obscure questions about the Airbus and see what response you get.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

>>Three or many, and who do we believe? >>>The developers? Just an idea.Brilliant idea, mate.But wait...one of the AXP developers (that'd be Lou Betti of Dreamfleet) says there are just three people working on the A320. Another AXP developer (that'd be Jean-Luc Dupois of Reality XP) says there are many.So which of these two developers on the same project do I believe??!! Both cannot be correct, no?And some wonder why I take issue with the smokescreen of inaccurate shullbit thrown up in advance of this project...RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>But wait...one of the AXP developers (that'd be Lou Betti of>Dreamfleet) says there are just three people working on>the A320. Another AXP developer (that'd be Jean-Luc Dupois of>Reality XP) says there are many.>>So which of these two developers on the same>project do I believe??!! Both cannot be correct, no?>>And some wonder why I take issue with the smokescreen of>inaccurate shullbit thrown up in advance of this project...>It's more like, many "sub contractors" waiting in the wings, so to speak, as the project evolves. When you consider that these particular programmer/designers have been around for many years; it's not as though they don't know anybody or have connections. Just the opposite! Ever noticed that many other projects are subbed out for flight dynamics, etc?Considering that everyone involved in this project has an extensive record of "raising the bar" accomplishments, I'd take the glass is half full route of thinking.I've beta-tested for DreamFleet, and am well aware of many people coming on board as required. Three, doesn't mean it remains three...L.Adamson