Sign in to follow this  
ghostrider 112

The Airbus I Am Waiting For...

Guest JTEK99

>I am not totally blaming the FS>add-on developers, because they're just following a very>annoying trend of the game developers in releasing and>pre-hyping their products years ahead. Pat:So one should blame the "trend" rather than the person/group who engenders that trend? I'm not trying to start a flame on your post; in fact, it was extremely well stated.I merely wanted to chime in here with my need to know why we would even need to 'pull punches' when assigning blame for things which clearly lie within the developer's purview.

Guest fabrytnix

>I don't know, but I'm getting awful tired of the business>decisions these developers are making nowadays. A lot of time>has passed and we aren't seeing anything. Now we hear that>the AXP model, which I was lead to believe would run in either>FSX and FS9 with a few tweaks, is now being developed for FSX,>and no firm statement of the FS9 version is being made. So>which is it? Have they been making the FS9 version for 4>years now, or is the FS9 version not nearly where we were led>to believe it was, only to be shelved in favor of an FSX>version? We were given every indication the FS9 version was>coming, but as usual the "market" has dictated they go back on>their word to release an FS9 version, then make the FSX>version.>>So is AXP pulling a PMDG? Is the money and so-called market>making the business decisions for these companies, thereby>negating their promises to deliver a product? If you tell the>community you're developing a product for release to a certain>group of users, then why is it okay to **** on them in favor>of the so-called larger group?>>I'm getting REAL tired of the actions by the payware companies>lately, so much so, I'm seriously considering making FS9 my>last version of FS. I just don't think the BS of tweaking>MSFS 'til you're blus in the face and the poor practices by>developers is worth all the aggravation anymore. > Totally agree with you

But..where is the that Vauches guy, haven't heard from him in a while. But worse he even doesn't show his face on his own support forum at Flight Scenery and even doesn't answer emails send to his support email adres.Too bad, he makes great scenery and still waiting ..hoping for Spokane...Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://kewlceo.com/forums/style_emoticons/...crazy_pilot.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest JTEK99

>But..where is the that Vauches guy, haven't heard from him in>a while. But worse he even doesn't show his face on his own>support forum at Flight Scenery and even doesn't answer emails>send to his support email adres.Rob:I think that's one of the clinchers in this "project". Vauchez is M.I.A., and I have a feeling that the other developers aren't stepping up to the plate to admit that a critical player in the game is, well... not playing anymore.

Many months ago some people made comments along the lines "the airbus you will be waiting for"... it is amazing that cynism and FS go hand in hand lately.... hm I wish they would just release the visual. All i want is the VC.

Promises....promises....promises....AXP never promised anything: no more than those who are now complaining promised to buy it. ASdvsmver announcement are an accepted part of marketing strategy thse days in many field and sometimes thing go wroung and the product is late or never completed.So, why all this nonsense? No money has changed hands and no one's lost out in any way.

Well that may be the case but those of us who want an airbus, particularly for FS9, may just have to swallow very hard and get the Wilco/Feethere offering despite all the vitriol (balanced to a small extent by a relatively favourable AVSIM review).Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Well, Airsimmer seems to be on track, so I'm watching that one now. However I won't mention that fat rock of salt I take promises with, or else I might derail this one too :+ regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

I don't expect a release in Q1 2008, but it's good to see they take their time and don't rush into a release like FeelThere did.I didn't see neither any exterior screenshots of the AXP Airbus nor a complete 2D/virtual cockpit, so I guess there will be no release soon.At this point, not sure about if it will ever be released.Ah, forgot PMDG A320, maybe 2012 :DRegards,

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi, why would you want AXP team to re-announce what they already announced before, that is it is developped for both FS9 and FSX and FS9 version will hit the market before FSX?Until there is a new press release officially saying the contrary, there is no need to say it again, to say it twice.All the rest is pure speculation, which I understand. It is interresting: you say nothing at all, keep mouth shut, and there is a lot of speculation. Now, you open a forum, post thousand of very informative details about the product, its internals, its development, its vision, you hear from prospective customers and adjust or add more features based on this great feedback, and then again, there is still a lot of speculation.So in turn, whatever the developers do, there will always be unfounded speculation and there is nothing we can do against it.Now there seems to be a rumour about abandonning FS9 version. Certainly it started from people not reading enough what we say in the forums, or speculating for the pleasure of it. Again, it was never said ever that the FS9 version would be ditched.Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc,Understood, but based on the setbacks, changes that AXP has been adjusting itself to in the last year, it's understandable imho for persons to begin to speculate about future 'adjustments' which may become necessary.I think the speculation is based on experience thus far, not so much factual statements or lack thereof - it's human nature.As I've said in the AXP forum, I'll certainly keep an ear out, but my pill :-jumpy has worn off and the 'ol garden hose has a'wilted :-vuur Ms AXP has been too much of a gorgeous tease for me :-lolregards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

As far as I heard, the problem: the head modeler left.Logical solution: Buy out his work and find another modeler. Business is business.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI