Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Synchro Sound?

Hey everyone. Just curious as if anyone has heard of Synchro Sound? There is Turbine Sound Studios which I do know as the Dev has made fantastic freeware here, but this other one I have never heard of. The reason I ask is, they just released an ATR72 soundset. The sample on simmarket doesn't sound over the top to me. I didn't know if this was someone who just takes some recordings and throws them together, then charges money for it. Mr Peterson over at TSS records from the real deal and has a great reputation, but this other one doesn't even have a website. Your input is appreciated.

I did buy a sound set not too long ago from that site. I am not sure if it was by Synchro Sound but if was for the CFM56-7 for the 737. In my opinion there are way better freeware sound sets in the file library. I hear the 737 engines every time I go to work and IMHO these are not done very well. Take your chances I guess. Exhaust the freeware library first.Jack

Jack, thanks for your reply. I have tried for a long time to find an ATR set that sounds like the real deal. The freeware out there is great, but models other type of turbo props, not the ATR. If I only had a spare several million dollars, I could just leave the real one parked in my drive, then take her up anytime I would want. For approx $13.00, I guess it's not a total loss if the set isn't what I was looking for. I will get it sometime today, and post the results for others on the fence.

I bought their RB211 soundset and I think it's a real winner! Alex

Guest Blazer

HI..I have purchased 3 Synchro Sound sets...737, 767,ATR72..I also purchased Turbine Sound 737.I use the 737 sounds in PMGD 737. They are both good sounding but after alternating,I seem to stick with SYNCRO SOUND CFm56-7b sound.The 767 sound is used with Level D and is also nice sounding but there is a freeware 767 sound that compares as well. The ATR I use in Flight 1 and is also nice sounding and I prefer it to the default sound.The price is reasonable for these addons and am glad i have them.Sychro Sound also has sent out a couple of updates which is good support. These are just my PERSONAL opinions and wanted to help you with some input.Regards..TH

Thanks for your input folks. I plan on downloading the ATR72 Sound Set this evening.

I got his RR sound set for the 757 and I love that one. The 767 PW one is pretty good. The reverse thrust sounds off and the idle sound sounds a bit off as well.

Eric 

Did you get the updated files they sent? Twice (within a week of each other)I got emails from the author with 767 fixes attached... never even noticed anything wrong with the 767 sounds to begin with.. but I like the dedicated support by the author!Alex