Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

Only V3.4.0 of FSUIPC is able to Talk to FS

Hi GuysI've recently installed Level-D's 767-300 a side-effect of which, was to update my (registered) version of FSUIPC from 3.4.0 to 3.7.0.Now ActiveSky is unable to communicate with FS - stating that FS is not connected. If I go back to 3.4.0, then all's fine.I've also tried 3.4.4 and 3.4.8 with no success. It's only 3.4.0 that ActiveSky works with even though, when it loads, it tells me that I need a newer version of FSUIPC!I could go back to 3.4.0 but I'd like to also run AISmooth, and it needs 3.4.8 or later to run. However, when I install 3.4.8 or later, it too is unable to communicate with FS.FSUIPC is still stating that I have a registered copy with any version installedso I don't think there's a registration problem.So it appears that I can only talk to FS with FSUIPC 3.4.0.Any one have any thoughts ?Many thanksGary

Go to Pete Dowson's site and get version 3.73...3.70 had some major issues.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest PARADISE

I've been wondering, since it's apparent that almost every add-on depends on some version of FSUIPC, which, as far as I can tell, is only developed and supported by Pete Dowson....what will become of our flight sim when he quits making them? Seems like FSUIPC is the life blood of FS, without it nothing seems to work right. One realy hates to think this way, but can FS survive without it? Are there alternatives to FSUIPC right now, or plans for something in the near future?I hope Pete stays with this forever, but reality tells you that will not be the case. Anyway, I was just wondering.John M

Well, the appearance of of SimConnect in FSX is a sign that MS sees the importance of an interface to the internals of FS.Agree that we're spoiled to have a guy with Pete's talents dedicating himself to this critical piece of the hobby.CheersBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

>Go to Pete Dowson's site and get version 3.73...3.70 had some>major issues.>Thanks for the reply. Downloaded it but still no go - nether ActiveSky or AISmooth seem to be able to communicate with FS. AISmooth displays FSUIPC as "version" 0.0.0Still only able to get ActiveSky to see FS if i'm using 3.4.0Gary

Do you by any chance have the WinXP cryptographic service disabled in your FS config? FSUIPC v3.70 and beyond requires the crypto service to validate the digital sig embedded into the module. If you use Ken Salter's FSAutoStart, it recommends stopping the crypto service, too, which now is a clear no-no.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Did you delete the existing FSUIPC.ini?

Regards,

Claude Franklin

http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...50519b3e5372a7bdiscusses this topic to some degree. Also make sure fsuipc.dll, the fsuipc.ini, and the fsuipc.key file (if used) all reside in your modules folder.Also in your modules folder is fsuipc.log which is created each time it runs. Read this with notepad to look for any errors.In addition make sure only one copy of fsuipc exists anywhere in your FS and subfolders and that must be for FS9 in your modules folder. Right click on that file, select properties, and check the version number.

>Do you by any chance have the WinXP cryptographic service>disabled in your FS config? To clarify, I mean is the crypto service disabled in the WinXP configuration used to run FS, not some sort of setting in your fs9.cfg or other MSFS configuration option.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Hi Gary,Cut and paste the FSUIPC.key file out and see what happens. Yes, I know this makes FSUIPC unregistered. You may have a bad .key file.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

>Hi Gary,>>Cut and paste the FSUIPC.key file out and see what happens.>Yes, I know this makes FSUIPC unregistered. You may have a bad>.key file.>>Thanks,>Jim>Thanks for that, Jim - it "sort" of worked. Well, it worked ok with version 3.4.8 whilst I left it unregistered. However, as soon as I re-registered it, i lost communication again. It seems I can only talk to ActiveSky and AISmooth with version 3.4.8 or higher if they're unregistered. Go figure ???Btw, FSUIPC definitely says i registered OK after restarting FS.Thanks again for your inputGary

Hi,You will need to contact Pete about this. He will require that you use the latest official version as yours is very old. Between you and him, this will be worked out.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

I've always gotten good support on Pete's support forum. FSUIPC has some logging capabilites that can be turned on in the ini, and Pete can use the results to determine what is going wrong.scott s..