Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

Captain Sim, yey or ney?

Guest cypherja

What's the deal with all the negative comments from Captain Sim products (specifically the 757)? I stumbled across it for the first time yesterday, and was impressed after viewing the images and videos on their site. I was a little skeptical with the price, $14.99 for the base pkg that they indicate includes features such as the 757-200 model, wing views & flex, detailed VC, galley, etc, etc., especially when compared to the price for the Level-D 767 or the PMDG 737 (I recently purchased the PMDG 737 and love it!).So, as with all add-ons I

Guest wtsapchy

Hi Jason,If I would have the chance to choose again, I wish I would have never purchased it. The aircraft is fine, but the panel is rubbish. All the LNAV, VNAV buttons could not function. The FMC is non-functional up to now. You can only fly like the default 737 / 747 panel of FS2004. At least wait until they come up with a nice, decent Block F (for the FMC, autopilot, etc.) Cheers !DanielVHHH

The Captain Sim products that I've purchased were for the "graphics". It's like spending money for a well done and artistic painting. Their C-130 has a great looking exterior, animations, and virtual cockpit. I picked up the 727 just for the exterior shell, and at less than ten bucks it was worth it.L.Adamson

I bought the 757 as block 'A', made some necessary changes to use another panel, and I'm quite happy with it. Same with the C-130J and the 707. I didn't buy any of those at full price, but they seemed worth trying when CS marked them down. That being said, I prefer POSKY's 757 over CS. The C-130 can't be beat, however. The 707 is great, but being older technology, expect frame rate hits and it's a memory hog. For those reasons, I prefer HJG's 707's (not to mention they're improving their lian all the time).At these prices, go for it. BTW, I've not had any problems with CS customer service, even though I only contacted them twice.Bob

Guest _MSW_

The trouble with Captain Sim is they seem to have a very arrogant attitude toward their customers.On the forums they never really answer questions and if the question or comment is not to their liking, they delete it.1. They have promised to release a 2nd patch for the FS2004 B707 for two years but never did. Now they say if you want the patched version you have to spend more money to get it for FSX. Same thing for the B727.2. They have promised to release another patch the C130 for a long time but never did.3. They have promised to release Block F of the B757 which is all of the systems modeling but have yet to do so. Thankfully, I never purchased it. I'll patiently wait for the Level D version.In the meantime they keep releasing other products like the space shuttle and FSX which from their previous history will not get finished either.I'm basicly finished dealing with Captain Sim.Mike

I recently purchased the 757, block 300, sound and Ace utility. They were all on sale. I wouldn't have bought them otherwise. The big problem (other than the absence of detailed systems for some, but that's clearly advertised) is performance. I did some nice flights, but in the end, I uninstalled it all. Perhaps on a new computer I'll try it again, not that I have a terrible computer right now mind you, but for now, no 757 for me (Posky won't do for me either). Even at the discounted price, I wouldn't recommend buying the 757. Unless you recently got a new computer.

Mike...

Guest JTEK99

I purchase CaptainSim products for the sole purpose of learning their methods of customer service. Purchasing their products gives me the ability to e-mail them directly regarding any issues with said products.By collating their e-mail and forum replies, I'm hoping to complete a 'Customer Service Policy Manual' for my own company. CaptainSim's customer service methods are so ingenious since they are primarily designed to (a) save the company money by not having to change/update/correct any current products, and (:( confuse the average customer through lingustic legedermain.Based upon a recent conversation with CaptainSim's customer service department, I was able to put together a new section in my own company's new Customer Service Policy Manual. Here's a sample based on CapSim's system:-----------------------------------Customer Service Issue - Dealing with a ComplaintCustomer: "Hi, I love your product, but am having a problem getting it to do xxxxxx as stated in the product manual."Response Method (A):"We're glad you're enjoying the product! We strive to create only the BEST! Have a great day!" Response Method (:(: "You are in violation of our bug report rules. Please check the following link for more information .Response Method ©:Response Method (D):Response Method (E):------------------------------------So, for me, CapSim products are cheap in comparison with the fantastic knowledge of profit-oriented customer service techniques that I'm able to gather. Priceless in my opinion. You've got my vote for buying as many as you can, especially the ones with 1-2 year old issues since you'll get more interesting responses to inquiries on them.

Guest Pilot533

Right now the cs 757 is just a good visual model, nothing more. There is no system simulation or real fde. You might as well be flying the default c172. Cs keeps stating that they are closer and closer to block F which is the systems simulation block, but its been over a year now and no one really knows if there is an actual block f in production that is set to ever be released. Dont buy the product until it is completed, if ever.

I purchased the 707. It is great looking and flies exactly how I would imagine it to fly (super!). However, there are a few problems, one being the engine gauges don't quite read to spec and the AP altitude hold, doesn't quite hold. I constantly have to reset it. If these small bugs were fixed, then it would be among the top FS2004 aircraft out there. RH

I own a number Captain Sim Aircraft. Sadly, i doubt very much that my CS hanger will grow however. Why? For all those reasons stated in previous posts.I must agree, the models and visuals are well above average. Trouble is, i hate being lied to and deceived!Therefore, my vote have to be 'NAY'.

Hello,CaptainSim has lied to its customers time and time again. I am still waiting for a promised patch for their B707.I will "NEVER" purchase from them again!!!. The other reasons I will not purchase from Captainsim and a few other flightsim companies are listed below in my Sig.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

You owe me a new keyboard. I laughed so hard that I ejected 16 ounces of stale Starbucks coffee through my nose.ricardo

Well,Everyone will be happy to know that CS just announced that Block F will be in beta soon (and we all know their concept of "soon":-lol) and they are looking for public beta testers!!In case you don't know...that block is listed as the FMC and autopilot...however, well....I'll just let you read the announcement:***************"The 757 Block F public beta Build 1 will be availale for public testing soon. CS is seeking for qualified simmers who interested to join the 757 Block F public beta team, and meet the following requirements: - Extensive knowlege of the Boeing 757 systems. - Extensive knowlege of MS FS9. - Ability to write distinct bug reports in English or Russian. - Must be a registered member of this forum. Interested qualified candidates please sent us your brief resume and forum ID using 'Contact Us' form. We thank all applicants, but only selected candidates will be contacted. The public beta build 1 testing objective will be to check all systems functionality (except FMS and Autopilot). "***************Uhh....testing everything except the FMS and autopilot? Anyone care to guess what they'll be testing? If block F is the FMC and autopilot, I imagine it's gonna' be a short test. :-xxrotflmaoAnyway, to the original question....I would not buy it until:1. The rest of the airplane is done.2. You find out how much the rest of the plane will cost. If Blocks D/F wind up being 49.99, then I'd say pass on the whole thing.Of course, based on the progress they've made up to this point, your're still looking at a year or so before you see the final, full package. :-rollRegards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg