Sign in to follow this  
brynjames

Progressive taxi after landing?

Just been enjoying myself with some of the FS9 airliner adventures. I can get a progressive taxi line for takeoff taxi, but none after landing, even though ATC ground has nominated the gate I should taxi to.Is this correct?--Bryn

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,Once you've contacted ground an option will pop up which includes the taxi assist Andy.

Guest RonB49

After Ground Control issues your taxi instructions and you have acknowledged those, then reopen the ATC window (~ key). There will be one option -- to enable progressive taxi. Click 1. R-

It may possibly be that the AFCAD you are using has no available parking for the (radius) size aircraft you are using. Been a long time since I first saw that but I do not think you will get the option to taxi to parking, much less progressive taxi.Just a thought.regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark

FS Navigator is nice too for navigating around the airfield.Without it, I'd have big troubles trying to find my way to the active.

>After Ground Control issues your taxi instructions and you>have acknowledged those, then reopen the ATC window (~ key). >There will be one option -- to enable progressive taxi. Click>1. R- That is right.You must remember to reopen the window yourself(it wont auto open)and there will be your progressive taxi option.cheers a

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Try to get an airport diagram. For US/FAA airports one of easiest ways is from www.flightaware.com. Click resources. Also try various VATSIM chapters.For any airport you can get the gate locations from an AFCAD diagram. Get the freeware AFCAD 2.21 from the libraries here. Open up the airport and in I think View options you can turn on gate and taxiway IDs. You can then print the diagram.If I am confused at an unfamiliar airport, I'll taxi part way from an overhead view.I'm just not a pink line fan :).

Ditto here. I gave up the pink stuff ages ago. Haven't done a pink line for a while now. You don't need it. Pink Lines, ATC and Crash Detection - the three things you do not need.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU