Sign in to follow this  
Guest 744nut

New Project AI

Guest 744nut

Just saw the http://www.projectai.com is back online in a new look. I am a AI freak so I am looking forward to see their new packages. I also read there that they are planning an FSX installer but since I do not use FSX quite yet, I will wait for that.Tony

I explored the new site, but I don't see all the old AFCAD's listed anywhere. Did they not carry them over, or did I miss something?ThanksRick

Unfortunately that is but a mere fraction of the AFCADS that were on their other site. Hopefully they will continue to migrate the AFCADS from the old site.Scott

Project AI was fantastic, but their models have been surpassed by those used by WoAI. I applaud Project AI for a great contribution but they will have to up their package quality to compete with WoAI now.A mere change in the website's look doesn't particularly excite me.

>Project AI was fantastic, but their models have been>surpassed by those used by WoAI. >I applaud Project AI for a great contribution but they will>have to up their package quality to compete with WoAI now.>>A mere change in the website's look doesn't particularly>excite me.WOAI uses the same models as FSPainter, Envole AI, AIA and PAI. What do you see that surpaasseds PAI.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

I don't think the AFCAD site was hosted on the same servers as the regular site was previously.This appears to be one of thos 'oh, yeah, there are these other files' deals.The new management is working on getting them and the information back available.

I guess what I am saying is that the models used by Project AI - to me do not seem as well designed as those used in WoAI packages. Just my opinion.

Guest Binncott

>I guess what I am saying is that the models used by Project>AI - to me do not seem as well designed as those used in WoAI>packages. Just my opinion.You are quite right in your assessment of the PAI models. However, WoAI do not make the models themselves, but have gathered permissions from model makers throughout the FS World, to make use of their work.Whilst I am sure that PAI will endeavour to improve the models, they still remain an ideal place for the 1st timer to pay a visit to. Not only do they provide all the major packages, there is also a wealth of AI related experience to call upon within their forums.I have no doubt that given time WoAI a relatively new group will overtake PAI (in packages available) but PAI should not be discounted altogether, and we should also remember, they blazed the trail that many have followed.CheersBC

.>>I have no doubt that given time WoAI a relatively new group>will overtake PAI (in packages available) but PAI should not>be discounted altogether, and we should also remember, they>blazed the trail that many have followed.>Thank god for WoAI - they got me my first "real" AI experiences. But since the return of ProjectAI, I have begun using them in conjunction with my WoAI packages. WoAI seems to focus a bit more on European carriers, and did not have packages for many of the carriers flying out of my home KPHL (Philadelphia), a full US Airways package for one, nor do they take requests. However, I was able to find the appropriate packages on the new ProjectAI site.Just my 2 cents.Chuck B.

How are WoAI's models FPS wise compared to the other AI packages?Thanks.

>>Whilst I am sure that PAI will endeavour to improve the models, they still remain an ideal place for the 1st timer to pay a visit to. Not only do they provide all the major packages, there is also a wealth of AI related experience to call upon within their forums.I have no doubt that given time WoAI a relatively new group will overtake PAI (in packages available) but PAI should not be discounted altogether, and we should also remember, they blazed the trail that many have followed.<

>How are WoAI's models FPS wise compared to the other AI>packages?>>Thanks.On my middle of the road system absolutely no frame rate hit, and WoAI's removal procedure is much easier than ProjectAI. PAI seems to take a bit of a bite from my frame rates at busier airports (KDFW was murder!), so as soon as I approach and realize the slow down, I have to save my flight, download a new AFCAD file for the airport in question, install it, and restart my flight to land. I expect this procedure will eventually go away as soon as I get "caught up" with the proper AFCAD files at my more frequented airports.But I love and use them both, and REALLY appreciate the time and energy these volunteers put into their work, and then give them to all of us for free. AFAIC, it's ProjectAI for diversity of carriers, World of AI for slightly better packaging and frame rate management.Chuck B.