Sign in to follow this  
JonasJ

RFP merge with POSKY

Ive just noticed the new 741/2 v4 released by Project opensky. I was wondering if there is a way to merge it with the RFP panel?Cheers

Amsim_Sig_3.png

Jonas Jarneborn - My photos on flickr

Intel Core i7 950 @ 4Ghz | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | XFX ATI HD5870 1GB | Corsair 12GB DDR3 Dominator 1600MHz | 120GB SSD Corsair Force Series | 1TB WD Caviar Black SATA III 64MB | 1TB Samsung SATA II 32MB | Windows 7 64bit | LG 27'' LCD Screen

Guest Camsdad

I just downloaded it and will work on merging sometime later today.

Nice :) maybe you're willing to share it? (-:

Amsim_Sig_3.png

Jonas Jarneborn - My photos on flickr

Intel Core i7 950 @ 4Ghz | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | XFX ATI HD5870 1GB | Corsair 12GB DDR3 Dominator 1600MHz | 120GB SSD Corsair Force Series | 1TB WD Caviar Black SATA III 64MB | 1TB Samsung SATA II 32MB | Windows 7 64bit | LG 27'' LCD Screen

Hi there,

Instead starting a new topic I want to re-open this one.

I just re-found my RFP CD and installed it for my FS9. But I want to use the Posky models which I find are better looking then the RFP ones.

I know there is a (complex??) way to merge the RFP panel with the posky model, but can't find a proper how-to-do instruction. 

Is there some one here that is willing to share this? 

Guy

There's actually a dedicated forum here at Avsim for the RFP 747; if you page down a bit you should spot it on the main forums list.  Here's an old thread from there that may still apply:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/234141-posky-742v4-rfpv2-merge-200200f-jt9d/

I've successfully merged the two in the past, so I know it can be done.  

John G.

Better you ask edetroit for sending you one of his latest aircraft.cfg - afaik - you should be done with this...

Good Luck, the 742 is still one of my alltime favorites!

Thanks for your replies. 

@@alexos I am not sure if I can use edetroit's cfg 'cause he makes his own panel/gauges and he does not use (as far as I know) the RFP panel.

@@PittsS2B I will read it soon and hopefully it will work. The reason that I re-opened this topic is that they could have said it is a Posky related question instead of a RFP or vise versa.

Thanks for your replies. 

@@alexos I am not sure if I can use edetroit's cfg 'cause he makes his own panel/gauges and he does not use (as far as I know) the RFP panel.

@@PittsS2B I will read it soon and hopefully it will work. The reason that I re-opened this topic is that they could have said it is a Posky related question instead of a RFP or vise versa.

...well actually, edetroit has started to reconfigure the rfp 742 panel/systems to his own needs. what you basically need for merging the posky model with rfp's systems is only an adapted aircraft.cfg. i asked ed a while ago for a aircraft.cfg and he sent it. just my two cents