Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Where does FS9 store keyboard assignments?

Occasionally (luckily, only very occasionally), I start up FS9 and find that most of my keyboard assignments have disappeared: when I go to the Assignments window via FS9, half of them are blank. So I scroll down, filling them all in again, and things are back to normal. Takes a while though.I looked (using Yahoo Desktop Search) for a file in which these assignments are stored, so that I can then back it up. I didn't find anything concrete, but assume the information is in FS9.cfg? If so, just restoring my backed up version (I back up every day through a batch file) should solve the problem I guess? Can anyone explain thoough how the numbering system works in FS9.cfg? For instance, SPOILERS_ARM_TOGGLE has a value of 191,9 - presumably equating to Shift+/ (??)If I am completely wrong here, and the assignments are stored elsewhere, maybe someone could put me straight on this.Many thanks,Martin

Before anyone tells me what an idiot I am - yes, I should have hit the "RESET DEFAULT" button. I will in future!!!Still like to know about how the number codes work in FS9.cfg though as it does seem (correct me if I am wrong!) that they are the stored assigments.M. :-)

You're correct about the assignments being stored in the FS9.cfg. I don't know if there's any rhyme or reason to the numbering system, but you can download a file named "fs2000ctls.zip" from the library that at least gives you a listing of which number corresponds to which key. The first number is a key number and the second number is a "shift state". The .doc in fs2000ctls.zip explains it all.Have a great day,Jim

Guest RonB49

The numeric code is:nnn, = ASCII code for that char in decimal format (65=a, 66=b, etc.),nn = code for control button (8 = none, 9 = Ctrl, 10 = Shift, etc.)R-