Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

Displaying default helicopters as scenery at airports

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

Does anyone know how to make the default helicopters in FS9 display as static, (or even dynamic using FS9 SDK), aircraft at airports? I would like to be able to add the Robinson or Bell in FS9 to a few remote bush airports.All suggestions much appreciated. :-) Kind regards,Mark

Mark,the easiest way is to create a simple ai traffic file with traffic tools and schedule your desired AC to only fly a single daily "touch-and-go" at 1AM local time... when you won't be there to see them fail to fly. The rest of the time they are just parked. Use traffic tools to create the flight. It's also good to have the AC and the preferred parking space coded with the same parking code so it will be where you want. The airport is edited with AFCAD. Both utilities are free and have adequate instruction to enable you to accomplish your task. I have choppers, ultralights and cropdusters at a few of my small rural airports, but beware the framerate hit if you use very many complex AC. Search the library and track down David Marshall's Tips 'n Tricks: I think I remember he did a how-to in one of his issues. Also search forum for "static AI"Loyd

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

>Mark,>the easiest way is to create a simple ai traffic file with>traffic tools and schedule your desired AC to only fly a>single daily "touch-and-go" at 1AM local time... when you>won't be there to see them fail to fly. The rest of the time>they are just parked. Use traffic tools to create the flight.>It's also good to have the AC and the preferred parking space>coded with the same parking code so it will be where you want.>The airport is edited with AFCAD. Both utilities are free and>have adequate instruction to enable you to accomplish your>task. I have choppers, ultralights and cropdusters at a few of>my small rural airports, but beware the framerate hit if you>use very many complex AC. >>Search the library and track down David Marshall's Tips 'n>Tricks: I think I remember he did a how-to in one of his>issues. Also search forum for "static AI">>LoydThanks Loyd for the suggestion. I did try the ttools program to get them to park at the airport. I had them do a touch and go every week but for some reason they still didn't display at the designated airport. Perhaps I did something wrong when configuring the flight plans. I'll give it another try.Thanks again.:-) I'll let you know how I made out.Cheers,Mark.

Guest wji

The easiest way is to create a simple AI_traffic file with traffic tools and schedule your desired AC to only fly WEEKly. Have one (or many) parked at DEParture and one at ARRival airports; e.g.,AC#7,HELO-1,19%,WEEK,IFR,4/20:58:36,0/00:00:00,131,F,001,XZCS,0/19:25:39,0/00:00:00,121,F,002,ABCDAC#1,HELO-2,19%,WEEK,IFR,3/22:58:36,0/00:00:00,135,F,001,ABCD,0/17:05:39,0/00:00:00,126,F,002,XZCSAnother way is to place static helos using EZ-Scenery ($29) or RWY12(FREE).[/font size]

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

I changed the *.air file in the helicopter folder to that of a default airplane. The aircraft then display itself. Thanks so much to everybody for all your helpful suggestions!! :-) Cheers and happy flights!Mark.