Sign in to follow this  
Guest WindBeneathMyWings

VATSIM

Guest WindBeneathMyWings

Hello, I have always used squawkbox on VATSIM. I recently re-installed my os and wiped my drive. I was thinking about putting squawkbox back on but I am not sure where I get the VIP Package. The next question I have is this. Which program for VATSIM works best FSINN or Squawkbox for being able to view planes other than a triangle ? Mark. Thanks, Josh

Josh,there's always something like personal likes and dislikes.But if you were to ask ME, the answer is: FSInn. Not only because it won't show you triangles anymore. It's just way better. At least for me, let me repeat. I have never got SB work satisfactory for me. But I know guys who stick to SB for years and they like it.The best way is alwats to try. Try for yourself!The VIP package can be found on MCDU webpage too.http://www.mcdu.com/en/download.php#50Best regards,Rafal

Guest WindBeneathMyWings

Rafal, Rgr that I think I will give it a try... I have used squawkbox since day 1 and have been happy with it other than them darn ole triangle question mark planes.. Them things drive me bonkers (LOL). Happy Landings, JoshP.S. I have messed with FSInn before but never gave it much of a chance. If I remember right I had a hard time trying to communicate voice. Since I like to hand fly alot of my planes at times especially approaches. Can you communicate voice with FSInn?

>Can you communicate voice with FSInn?Yes, with no problems. Previous versions required separate installment of AVC/Roger Wilco.But FSInn's latest version works flawlassly on its own. Download FSCopilot too and you will enjoy both applications a lot.You have my word! ;-) Best regards,Rafal

Guest WindBeneathMyWings

Rafal, I think I pretty much have figured her out. Just figuring out hot keys etc ;). My next question here that kinda has me a bit confused. Is how would you configure FSInn to communicate with another pilot via private voice through VATSIM? Thanks Again, Josh

You setup a private voice room in the VVL bar. You type the address of a room in the VVL bar eg here in Australia we use the address RW1.VATPAC.ORG/xxxx (where XXXX is the name of the room)This is what is done in the group flights that I participate in.BTW - one of the best features of FSInn is the RADAR Barry