Sign in to follow this  
Guest MD11ME

Wilco Air"bust".......Feelthere "Feelrobbed" :(

Guest MD11ME

So i finaly broke down and bought the wilco airbus tonight. Thought i would at least get some practice in while waiting for the realityxp bus and a few touch and go's later this did in deed turn out to be an air"bust" not an airbus. The VC is good with some texture bleeds and the boeing callouts freakin kill me "are you kiiding me wilco come on" the font on the displayes is wrong and this was tested by a real a 318 pilot do they think were stupid or something, give me a break and i dont want to know what else is in store for me.....and all of this after the update realese which i cant find on thier site and i hope since i purchased after the update i have the latest version "thats what scares me". The cockpit from the outside view has clones flying this plane well thats a first in high priced add on history so i guess they left that out of thier long list of features for this product........sorry wilco unless something is done about this plane....this will be my last by Wilco/Feelthere i just cant take the bull*&^% anymore....let me say this we are all in this hobby together and to let developers like this continue to rob us my flight sim brothers is crazy...if we truly want "as real as it gets" then we have to set the standards and stop buying crap from them time after time from the same jokers and thier are a few and we all know who they are and i promise that they will meet these standards to pay the bills and we can truly take this awsome hobby to the next level cuase we deserve it they deserve it also!Ruben

Ruben!I see you're very frustrated with your purchase.I have bought this aircraft after waiting patiently for he SP1 to be released since I knew Wilco would probably sell the product before it's finished, which they certainly did.Why FeelThere won't go the Flight1 way to sell their products and sticks to notorious Wilco is unclear to me.If you purchsed the product yesterday, you must have the SP2 version since the previous one has just been replaced by the new once once it was released. So whatever you downloaded after login to you client account must have been the version 2.As for the product itself I find it really good now, after the SP1.Although I'm a long-time boeing-type pilot (with my CH yoke), now I'm flying nothing else but buses.There are still bugs to remove, true. The most crucial (like regular freezing for some users, found to be due to MCDU's saving algorythm) are promised to be released soon.I find no serious problems to fly this bird, from dark&cold to setting my parking brakes at the destination airpot. Well, since I bought TrackIR4 I've been flying VC, so there are some bugs to correct (already reported to FeelThere team) but they're not making the flight impossible in any way.They're mostly about clicking areas with the BARO and ALT knobs.As for the EGPWS sound it was unfortunate to release the boeing-type sounds in an airbus. I agree with you. However, if you don't mind a few minutes, there is a perfect freeware (actually two) replacement pack here at AVSIM library. They are the Airbus style EGPWS sounds by Rodrigo Chechia:a) real.a320wilco.egpws.zip:( real.a320wilco.egpws.oldstile.zipI too am going to buy Airliner XP which, I guess, will be a better product (I expect something of the Level-D kind) but waiting for the release (which I'm afraid will not happen soon) I'm really enjoying the FeelThere bus. And I will buy their Vol.2 since I love A340s and have to fly PSS now (a great product for its time, but now aging).Best regards,Rafal

Flies perfectly for me. I spent all weekend using it. Clones in the cockpit - mate, who cares? Do you spend the entire flight sitting out on the nose looking backwards ?VC and TrackIR works great. I've got no issues at all with it. Just put the new airbus callouts from avsim in - it takes about 45 seconds. It's illegible, senseless posts like yours that cause addon makers to pack up and go away, thus depriving everyone.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

A rant about the FeelTthere/Wilco Airbus from someone who uses the AirLinerXP logo plugging its Airbus as his signature. Am I getting old and cynical...?

Hi Ruben,It almost looks like you want to feel beter and more elite by badmouthing this product. This doen't work in fact it makes you look a littlebit silly.We all know what kind of quality to expect from Feelthere: Not as perfectionist as some other developers but serviceable and after some fixes/servicepacks stable add-ons.You want that other bus that still has to be released. Not realy a problem but wait for it and don't buy products you know don't fit your personal preferences.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest Pilot533

Its false advertising and you know it. Get real and don't defend that.

Anyone who uses words like "being robbed", "kidding me", "stupid", "jokers" and "FeelRobbed" and with an additional poor sense of punctuation doesn't sound very credible in my book. If the original poster would have some detailed issues to complain about then there might be a possibility to help him. Senseless rants like this do not benefit anyone.I have always been pretty satisfied with the releases of FeelThere and Wilco. After the initial patches after the usual Wilco-style rushed releases all of their products function quite flawlessly for me.All bugs aside, the FeelThere Airbus is the best Airbus simulation around and I am glad that someone bothered to develop a Bus since PSS after all. It was long overdue. And it fills the gap at least until AirlinerXP and PMDG catch up.Pat

>Its false advertising and you know it. Get real and don't>defend that.Nope I stand by what I say. It works and is the best bus thats out at the moment. If its not up to your personal standard thats your problem.The thing is the FS community consists of a lot more people than just you and I so there are bound to be people that realy do like the Feelthere Bus and even might find the yet to come XP bus a bit to serious for their taste/style of flying.Seriousness has its place in FS and probably - for me personaly - the XP bus will replace Feelthere's as the best one but don't write it off on not being as good as a product that not out yet. Who knows how many bugs will be in that 1st release, generaly every add-on needs 1 or 2 patches to work in the varied users setups this community has.The funy thing is that Feelthere's release will push the XP guys to include all that they did and improve. We buy Feelthere because its way beter then the PSS release we will buy XP when its way beter then Feelthere's. Competition is a great thing :-)

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

Guest MD11ME

Yes i agree it is the best airbus out and thats the sad part. I will also purchase the Airsimmers bus and the reality xp bus.....I love airbus and have flown the PSS airbus for many years and have been waiting for a "next gen A320 for our hobby for a long time" and after reading the wilco page on this product it makes you think that we are getting all that they claim this aircraft is and in reality we are not....its the little things about this aircraft that make me feel like this developer thinks they can just put a popular aircraft out make sure the basics are covered and take short cuts on the little things. The model and 2d panel are awsome but its things like the day and night textures in the vc are totaly diferent, the displayes dont even fit the crt's the font is wrong....call outs. Well anyway i thought I would rant I have the right. I have over 10 years invested into this hobby called MSFS and like many others i'm sure feel the same way.Thanks Ruben

Feelthere 320 = Best A320 commercially avaliable for FS as of today

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Ruben,Your rallying call to arms is well intended I'm sure, but misguided nonetheless.There are literally hundreds, maybe even thousands of posts regarding this aircraft from people here and elsewhere around the net. The prevailing theme in practically ALL of these posts is that the aircraft is not level-D quality and has it;s issues but is still better than anything else on the market right now.The simple fact is you have a HUGE body of information at your disposal that you could have easily checked prior to purchase, as most of us did. If you failed to do this, you're the architect of your own misfortune. Marketing is marketing, ALL devs do it, would you buy a car or a home stereo system solely based on a brochure without doing some independent research?If you DID do some research and still bought the product then I really don't know what to say to you!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I think we all agree that Feelthere is not PMDG or LVD. If you seriously expected it to be as good as them, well now you know better. That said, their products are not bad after one or two fixes. Why does their A320 get bashed to death? I say it's way better than XP 320 at this point because it's the one you can fly in FS right now if you want to.Let the XP 320 set new standards for airbus or even all FS addons when it ACTUALLY come out.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I enjoy the FeelThere Airbus and would choose it nowadays any day over the PSS. Sure, it's not perfect and it is not as complex as the advertisement might want to make you believe, but it's a lot more "complete" than the PSS Airbus ever was. And I am not even talking about the "Airbus toys" that Aerosoft and Abacus have produced (for a similar price).After all, I don't regret my purchase for one minute.Pat

I can live with the fact that this is a mediocre addon. The real shame is that Eric Marciano, an extremely talented panel designer, threw in his lot with Wilco. ricardo

Guest MD11ME

Ok......I made few more flights with this bird....you all are right! I guess I just wanted cure my realityxp fever.....I did my reserch I was waiting its arival like many but held off to see what the masses thought. I read the post on this board some good/some bad. I went back to the wilco site and read positive things all with (updated version). So I bought it....and I do think the 2d panels and flight model are realy good.....I do all my flying from the VC as do many and that is where this are craft tends to bug me (ha..ha..bug me.lol). Well I love airbus and will fly her anyway.......I did update the callouts and that somehow made things better for me......one question how do you get rid of the old callouts so they are not both bieng herd?Thanks again!Ruben