Sign in to follow this  
Guest MD11ME

Wilco Air"bust".......Feelthere "Feelrobbed" :(

>I can live with the fact that this is a mediocre addon. The>real shame is that Eric Marciano, an extremely talented panel>designer, threw in his lot with Wilco. I'm not sure I can hold Eric Marciano responsible for the really poor business decision to get in bed with Wilco. I think Victor, the MFWIC at FeelThere gets credit for that unhappiness, and the customers lost to FT as a result of that bad call are his responsibility.I consider the FeelThere A320 panel to be a developing "mid-level," rather than "mediocre" panel. Everyone can't pass the PMDG/LDS test, and there are plenty of examples of panels that are fun to fly without getting over that high bar. The developer (FeelThere) appears to be active in addressing most of the major issues in a timely manner...in all a much better situation than that found with a good number of other developers.As I've posted elsewhere, any comparisons to products not actually fielded are just wishful thinking. Recall how we endured months of pre-release chest-beating by the FSX a really excited user declaring victory before the true and ugly nature of that beast revealed itself to us. As elsewhere in the real world, past performance does not guarantee future results. At one point, companies like PSS and FSD were on the cutting edge, but at some point along the way they had some critical failures and began to disappoint. The proof of the pudding does not lie in pre-release lies and advertising hype, even from established developers. That proof only comes on release day and each day thereafter as the developer and/or publisher either steps up and supports the product...or not.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de ChileP.S. I wonder why we haven't already seen this sig line:FeelThere A320--The Airbus I don't need to wait for

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guest MD11ME

Well said Mr. Scott!Ruben

Guest PowderBlue

Where are the airbus callouts on Avsim? Thanks

>Where are the airbus callouts on Avsim?Aren't the filenames I've given in the beginning of the thread working for you?Best regards,Rafal

Guest MD11ME

Yeah I got them to work. They add a guage to the panel but the old callouts are still there. I found another file here at Avsim called:real.a320wilco.egpws.zipThis overwrites the old gpws file and works best!Ruben

Ruben:First, the reason that many of us don't use product advertising signatures is because it renders our posts impotent when we wish to criticize another product competing with the product we have on our signature. I would imagine that a bad review of a Mercedez would be useless when the reviewer has a BMW KICKS BUTT banner at the end of his or her reveiw. With that said:Yes, the Wilco Airbus happens to be the absolute best Airbus out for FS 2004 / FSX. Unfortunately it is also the ONLY Airbus out for FS 2004 / FSX, so that moniker is totally flacid. It's like winning a marathon and bragging to all of your friends how great you are until someone points out that you were the only one in the race! A hollow victory at best.As to the argument in regard to quality. Well I can tell you that I don't believe for a microsecond that the Wilco A320 was tested and validated by any 'real Airbus pilots' any more than I think that I am the Pope. And where Wilco shot themselves in the @$$ is in their advertising. By reading their advertising hype you'd believe that we are purchasing a LDS or PMDG quaility addon. The Wilco A320 is of LDS or PMDG quality in the same way that a black duck looks exactly like a yellow pig. Not.The myriad of bugs not withstanding (since PMDG, LDS and everyone else had them - still not an excuse and a totally assinine and invalid cop out), the final result will still not be anything more than 'B movie' quality. It is unfair to demand that all products be of LDS functionality, however, LDS is the hardstick by which all others seem to be judged. The Wilco A320 has been weighed, it has been measured and it has been deemed to be wanting.At the end of the day, there is always a place for 'B Movies" however, when the producer bills it as the ground breaking movie event of the year that has been verified by critics and the Academy as an award contender, then the producer must prepare for the backlash when people attend their movie and find that it would have been much better to have waited until it came out on DVD...or watched it for free over a friends house.

Mike,It looks to me that you're not enjoying FeelThere's airbus (unlike many of us).I am really sorry to hear that and hope you will enjoy Airliner XP when it comes out.However, I also have an impression that with these "myriad of bugs" you're using another product since I don't experience them.But, after all, I'm not a certified airbus pilot, so I guess I may well be wrong and just not be aware of them...Best regards,Rafal

I think it is somewhat unfair to compare every add-on to a Level-D 767. FeelThere has spat out, what, 3 "medium-complex" addon planes last year alone. And FeelThere addons are still very good and much, much more complex and complete than a default FSX or PSS Airbus has ever been.PMDG has released 2 addons last year. Level-D has released ONE in TWO years. Naturally this ONE addon will be of extremely high quality, because the developers concentrate one ONE addon at a time. It's really not so hard to do the math.Bugs happen. Big deal. The PMDG and Level-D were bugged upon release as well. Wilco/FeelThere are now at SP2a and most of the critical errors have been fixed. Granted, most of the bugs were really trivial and could have been found, if someone would have just bothered to take the bird on a single complete test flight. It's pure laziness and a total nonsense Q&A as far as I am concerned.We've seen it with the CRJ, with the 737PIC, with the Airbus and history will repeat itself with the Citation X. Lesson learned. That's how they operate. When the first SPs are out then the product has been officially released (for me) and it saves me a lot of frustration.As far as advertising goes: I have stopped believing those years ago. I go by screenshots and (unbiased?) user reviews. Just read the description of one of Abacus' Airbus packages that claim to be "highly realistic", look at the screenshots and cringe.What makes a "complete simulation"? A clickable VC? A virtual stewardess and co-pilot? A simple "Wait 10 mins" algorithm that makes you wait until the IRS is aligned? A panel with tons of buttons that are nice to click on, but have absolutely no impact while flying?Pat

Guest MD11ME

Thank you Mike T. That is all I was trying to say but in the moment I guess I let the key board get the best of me.....anyway thanks for the support and happy flying.Ruben

Does anyone also have the problem that the NEXT button on the INIT page in de MFCDU isnt working???cheers

>Does anyone also have the problem that the NEXT button on the>INIT page in de MFCDU isnt working???>>cheersyepBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

It must be one of those "A panel with tons of buttons that are nice to click on, but have absolutely no impact while flying" things.

Rafal:I am not concerned with the Airliner XP. I don't own it and it doesn't exist. Vaporware doesn not excite me.If you are unfamiliar with the myriad of bugs in the Wilco A320, may I refer you to the buglist re: SP1 and SP2.

>It must be one of those "A panel with tons of buttons that>are nice to click on, but have absolutely no impact while>flying" things.No, it worked before the last SP, so it's a bug.Bob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Mike,>If you are unfamiliar with the myriad of bugs in the Wilco>A320, may I refer you to the buglist re: SP1 and SP2Well, since I'm successfully flying this bird everyday, with no serious problems faced and with enjoyment, in regards to these "myriads" I'm beginning to be really anxious about my piloting skills and cockpit/plane knowledge. How come I wasn't grounded with them? Don't know what to think now. Should I hangar the bus "just in case"?I am aware of a few bugs, mainly in the VC (that's the environment I'm flying in now).But they are not crucial at all and I can easily live with them until they're fixed.What's all the mess about?My part in this discussion is over now.I'm enjoying the product and really see no reason for finding reasons not to be.Best regards,Rafal