Sign in to follow this  
Guest blaster331

Garmin system for addon A/C ?

Guest blaster331

Greetings All, I was wondering if someone makes a Garmin GPS to use with addon A/C.I really enjoy flying jets by hand but I loose my way in the PMDG and LDS jets without a Nav system.Any recommendations ?Thanks & Best regardsAndrew

>Greetings All, I was wondering if someone makes a Garmin GPS>to use with addon A/C.I really enjoy flying jets by hand but I>loose my way in the PMDG and LDS jets without a Nav system.Any>recommendations ?>Thanks & Best regards>AndrewThe RealityXP stuff is well worth a look, but you should really read the manuals for those two jets so you can get the best out of the FMC systems in them. Once you've got them down it's very very hard to get lost ever again! If you're nervous about them try joining a good virtual airline which will help with a) friendly people; and :( real world flight plans so you can see how the FMC's work in practice. BA virtual is who I fly with, and I'd recommend them.

The FMC driven navigation display will give you the same navigation map available on the GPS display. Be sure you use the EFIS/ND range control and target type buttons to display what you require such as airports, VORS, intersections, etc.After creating a flight plan manually in FS9, you then enter the waypoints manually in the RTE page of the FMC. A better alternative is to use an add-on flight planner (payware FSBuild 2.3 or FS NAV) that exports to both FS9 and the PMDG and LDS FMCs. I think there might be a freeware one as well but I'm not familiar with one.You'll find both the PMDG and LDS FMCs very similar. If you learn one, you should be able to quickly operate the other.I use the PMDG 737NG models and have no need for an additional GPS display.On those aircraft that do not have a navigation display, I use Reality-XP products as described. For a GPS I chose the simpler Apollo 50 from there series. These will import a flight plan directly in the FS9 format.

>SimFlyer has a few Garmin and Bendix-King GPS addons:>>http://simflyer.net/>>Also, I believe Eaglesoft is working on a G1000.>>Pat>Actually the G1000 is already produced by Mindstar, whom Eaglesoft is partnering with to implement the system into 'some' future aircraft. Which ones (aircraft) is the secret ;)

Doesn't seem so much of a mystery to me, because the only GA manufacturers that I am aware of that use the G1000 are Cessna and Columbia. Anyway, it'll be exciting. ;)Pat

Diamond is yet another. ;)

he he, Mooney is another and don't forget Beech:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

DOH!How could I forget the Mooney Ron.....yep, the plane I keep bringing up and groveling about :D

Guest blaster331

tHANKS EVERYONE FOR POSTING! I will start to practice with FMC and will also wait for Eaglesoft's G1000.I like that companyBestAndrew