Sign in to follow this  
RobdeVries

A Cessna 185 Skywagon Wish...

As I was just watching "Idaho Exposed" that great video documentary on Bush Flying Idaho's airstrips, I was thinking, no wishing what great it would be to have good rendition of the Cessna 185 Skywagon. I think we really miss this one for FS2004/FSX.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/169484.jpg(Picture courtesy http://www.skywagons.org)Btw what's Carenado been up to do these days, haven't heard from them in a long time..;)A nice link to a YouTube video to get you in the mood. Flying a Cessna 185 from Ranger Creek to Tacoma Narrows and then on to Copalis for a beach landing

All the best!Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest neslesman

"Idaho Exposed" is a good video and I believe Ranger Creek from the UTube one is the airports featured in one of the Georender series.If you ever get a chance to see "Big Rocks and Long Props" about bush flying in Alaska with a Maule and a Super Cub don't pass it up. I only saw Vol. 1 but apparently they have a new one out. It is without doubt the most incredible flying footage I have ever seen. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would never have believed it.Here's a link for the Videos and a description: http://www.bigrockslongprops.com/"Alaska and Northwest bush pilot Loni Habersetzer (of cubdriver749er) and Northwest bush pilot Greg Miller take you into their incredible playground of rock bars and water landings - on tires! This DVD was just released in September of 2005 and is some of the most exciting takeoff and landing footage you will see. If you ever wondered who really uses those big tires, this is the DVD for you! "

Guest dpc

I so agree!! A Skywagon of say, Carenado quality would be fantastic. I've wished for one for years. Definitely a hole in the available high-end payware GAs

Guest Mesa

I think if enough of us lobbied Carenado they might relent as they did with the 206 Amphib. I have a feeling they are sitting back at the moment and waiting for the dust to settle on FSX before deciding on what to do next.

I agree, I would love to see this addition....not sure, if Carenado did one, it would be much different than their '182Q' though (simply in tail dragger form), which I have taken a real liking to over the RG.That said, a 185 with a similar package of the 206 would be very nice indeed.

Guest Mesa

Yes, a 185 Amphibian would be terrific!

>As I was just watching "Idaho Exposed" that great video>documentary on Bush Flying Idaho's airstrips, I was thinking,>no wishing what great it would be to have good rendition of>the Cessna 185 Skywagon. I think we really miss this one for>FS2004/FSX.I double that!!!