Sign in to follow this  
jnr641802

EZ SCENERY QUESTION

Hi,I am thinking about buying ez scenery and have some questions I can't find answers to on their site or from searching and would like some advice.I have looked at the Avsim scenery forum but I'm well out of my depth.1) I want to place buildings/objects using ez scenery in fs9 on my laptop and later transfer the changes into the scenery folder on my main pc.I am a novice at this,is it reasonably easy to do?2) A basic question,but I have been looking inside the fs9 scenery folder trying to open/view the scenery objects, as I understand I can re-use the objects using ez scenery as well as using their own library objects.So far I have been unable to view any of them as 'drawing failed' keeps appearing.Is there a utility that I require to do this?.I have tried photoshop etc to no avail.thanks for your help regards Jim

Hi,1) It's as easy as copying the resulting BGL file from your laptop to your main PC. You might also have to copy the AB library files if you used them, and install any addon libraries you used as well. I name mine something like KLAX_ezs.bgl to make them easy to find.2) Are you doing this looking with EZScenery or some other program? (I've never seen a "drawing failed" message in EZS). If using EZS, there are many BGL files that do not have library objects inside them, and thus cannot be used by EZS. The list of available BGL files that you can view objects from in your current location should be in the drop down list. Click the Library button (at the left) to expand those choices (note that objects in the "files from other areas" choice will not show up in the sim after a restart). If you are using a texture program (like Photoshop, etc.) then these are not for viewing the objects themselves, but their textures instead. The program DXTBmp (for editing) or Convim (for viewing large numbers of files) from the MW Graphics web site will let you see those.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest wji

1) Affirmative. EZ-S creates BGL files which can be shared anywhere the same libraries reside, this means on any computer, but does NOT require EZ-S be installed.2) Other library objects can be viewed & used by EZ-S; simply check the box in the EZ-S Library area.EZ Scenery is abacuspub's number-one seller for good reason. Buy it.[/font size]

Thanks Tom for replying.Bear with me,what I meant with Q.2 was a bit more basic I think!!.I have not bought ez scenery yet and just wanted to take a look inside the generic scenery folder in fs9 to see the objects trees/buildings etc available which I will be able to use along with the scenery objects that come with ez scenery.I followed the fs9 path scenery/generic/scenery,texture but I am unable to view the finished article as 'drawing failed' keeps appearing.I assume I require a utility to be able to display the trees/ buildings etc.My apologies for this rather basic question.regards Jim

EZ Scenery is a nice program, but do yourself a favor and download the demo. The demo is fully functional, however you are limited to the Seattle area. http://abacuspub.com/catalog/s600.htmAlso, grab the patch and read the FAQ here:http://abacuspub.com/ezscenery/ezsceneryfaqs.htmThen if you decide to purchase, all you need to do is plug in your registration key.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest BrianFletcher

Jim, Take a look at my review of EZ-Scenery here at Avsim and you can see a few of the objects from the Abacus library, and some from the default library as well. After I posted this review I recieved nearly 100 e-mails in the first week from people who really like this program...so do I.

Thank you all for your replies.It sounds excellent I will buy it tonight.I will re-phrase one of my questions.In fs9 if I follow the path /scenery/generic/scenery,texture and select a texture I am unable to view the object/texture i.e a building,tree, bridge etc.Which utility do I require to do so.I will obviously need to view the object before placing it using ez scenery.regards Jim

Guest wji

>Thank you all for your replies.It sounds excellent I will buy>it tonight.Ack. I hope I'm not too late. I'm a fan of EZ-Scenery...search the Avsim file libraries for my name and you'll see a long list of sceneries and scenery objects I've uploaded. That said, I would WAIT for the release of Flight1's Instant Scenery program, which I've been beta testing. Instant Scenery has been created by the same programmer who created EZ-Scenery. It will be compatible with both FS9 and FSX. It will use the same object libraries that EZ-Scenery uses. It is similar to EZ-Scenery but has some very useful features that EZ-Scenery doesn't have. A release date has not been announced, but I believe the beta testing in is it's final phase.

Agreed! I've been using Instant Scenery for a few days - it's excellent!Sydney, many thanks to you for all of the fantastic objects you've designed.I've placed some objects from 2 object libraries for Kelowna. One was called something like Kelowna Buildings and the other Kelowna Vehicles. I lost them from my harddrive (don't know how - must be going crazy...) and can't locate them on the web. Do you have any idea where i can find them?Thanks,

>Sydney, many thanks to you for all of the fantastic objects>you've >designed.You're most welcome. :-)>I've placed some objects from 2 object libraries for Kelowna. >One was called something like Kelowna Buildings and the other>Kelowna Vehicles. I lost them from my harddrive (don't know>how - must be going crazy...) and can't locate them on the>web. Do you have any idea where i can find them?Those are from the Kelowna scenery by R.A.Baum. What he did was to take existing object libraries, rename them (for example "AB_Misc Lib.bgl" to "Kelowna AB_Misc Lib.bgl"), and include them with his scenery. There's nothing wrong wth this ethically, but unfortunately it causes a problem with IS becaue you end up with duplicate object libraries. It doesn't matter that the names of the two libraries are different, the internal ID numbers of the objects themselves are the same. It's a shame...I like the scenery very much but had to remove it because of that.Sidney Schwartz KPDX