Sign in to follow this  
Guest Markiboy

Aircraft effects not good in FS9

Guest Markiboy

Hi guys. I have had problems with aircraft effects. The thing that happens is that when I'm flying with any aircraft and I go above 25000 feet or so, the vapour effect appears. BUT the effect is not detailed as all it is, is just a white thin platform of vapour rather than puffs of white detailed vapour. When im flying my add-on aircraft that have afterburners like the F-18 superhornet, when you look backwards and see the afterburner alight, it is just two flickering blue squares, rather than full-on brilliant looking burners. I noticed this after removing a free-ware 'tomcat' aircraft from all of the folders in FS9. It took a lot of fiddling about to remove and everyhting was all over the place but I think I got all of the components off. I then later installed the 'Hawk'and'superhornet'which are free-ware and found that these bad effects were happening. It is the same for every aircraft with an effect. When installing the files for both aircraft into the folders for FS9, I made sure that the 'fx'(effects) files were there and they went into the effects folder without a problem. All of the games effects are in this folder, but the ones which are aircraft effects do not work correctly. It bewilders be cos there all in the folder they just don't work right! I think the scenery effects are alright tho. Its just the aircraft's ones. Can anyone help me out. CheerzMark

Guest PARADISE

Take a look at fscontrail2004_v1.0zip here at AvsimJohn M

This may coincide with a similar problem I have with all add-on aircraft I fly primarily passenger or cargo airliners, some military cargo planes. When I get above 25,000 feet, I notice the aircraft textures start flickering. This effects the wings and horizontal stabilizers. If I move my view point closer to behind the tail, I will see this flickering on the fuselage. I have tried to capture a screenshot of this problem, but when this is happening, those shots are not saved.

I use FSRealWX and Ultimate Terrain. My rig is AMD Quad core machine with 8 megabytes of RAM. The video is Nvidia

GTX-750 ti card with 2 meg of memory. I am running this with 64 bit Windows 7.