Sign in to follow this  
mitchella330

Can somebody make a fictional Air Koryo AirbusA300 texture for the CLS model?

I still don't have the right software to do it. Some of the software costs hundreds of dollars. The aircraft is part of the airbus collection add on for fs9. But I still need someone else to do it. Please reply!

"Some of the software costs hundreds of dollars"???? Like what? Not sure where you're getting your information from. If you can't buy Adobe Photoshop Elements ($60 ??), use MS Paint - which is free obviously. The DTX software I mentioned is a free download.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,I'm replying.I can't believe I'm reading a thread like this. Either learn how to paint or fly what's available.Andy.

"That doesn't answer my question! Please Reply!"I think what Andy is trying to say is your pleas seem a bit selfish and don't show a sense of maturity. Painting an aircraft is not an easy process regardless of the tools used. Don't expect the world to owe you a living--in other words: don't beg, grovel or plead or expect things your way in a fortnight. I'd like to see an end to world hunger, an end to war, and myself looking like the way I did when I first fell in love with my wife. Those things are a bit more important than a repaint of a fictional livery. And I suspect if I want to see any of those things done, I have to put some effort into it myself. Pleading for someone to work for you isn't effort. Now I hope the mods mercifully lock this thread....-John

I'm not trying to be selfish. And I'm fourteen years old. I've never done it before. I've asked someone to do it but he dosen't have it. I don't know how much some of the softwear costs. Probably hundreds of dollars. And I don't have enough money.

"I'm not trying to be selfish. And I'm fourteen years old. I've never done it before. I've asked someone to do it but he dosen't have it. I don't know how much some of the softwear costs. Probably hundreds of dollars. And I don't have enough money."You've already been told that you can start with something as simple as MSPaint and DXTBMP. Both are free. Being fourteen is no barrier to learning. We have people in this forum over eighty who have tried their hand at painting, writing code, even aircraft design. Being selfish is asking someone to do for you immediately what you can take the time to try yourself if you're willing to invest the effort. The world is not going to collapse if you don't have a fictional livery by tomorrow. But sending over a half dozen pleas with "Please Reply" attached at the end seems to show that sense of desperation.I really suggest you download Martin Wright's DXTBMP and start learning to use it--with it you can open one of the A300's textures, launch it into MSPaint, try a few scribblings, and see what happens from there. On this site there's a painter's forum with tons of people who will help you. You have nothing to lose except time, and better yours than asking someone to sacrifice theirs.-John

"I'll see what I can do. I'm not sure if my dad would let me download these things."MSPaint is included with every Windows installation. As for DXTBMP, I would assume if your Dad would let you install an A300 or download a livery from a stranger, he would probably have no problem with DXTBMP. It doesn't hurt to ask.If you want to see what can be done with MSPaint, look at my Allegro download in the file library. It's not a work of art, but it was done with MSPaint and converted to DXT format using DXTBMP.-John

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi, It's great that you're 14, and all of us stay selfish all our lives; as we grow older we disguise it better, that's all. <<<<< I'm not trying to be selfish. And I'm fourteen years old. I've never done it before. I've asked someone to do it but he dosen't have it. I don't know how much some of the softwear costs. Probably hundreds of dollars. And I don't have enough money.cpt. Mitchell>>>>>>>There's some great help in these forums on whatever you want to do and when you get the hang of it, post up some pics! And then write a simple manual to help me get a paint done.Andy.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,Good man...I'm sure that at 14 you have a flexible and sensible attitude to learning about things you are interested in! So good searching and keep us posted.Andy.

I tried doing a repaint but the registration wasn't put on the same spot on both sides of the tail nor was the North Korean flag which is part of the Air Koryo livery. I'm not sure if the Air Koryo logo was in the same spot either. Also I tried putting it in the aircraft folder and tried setting it up. But when I checked it out on fs 2004 It didn't show any of the stuff I put on the repaint. Yes I need guidence on putting things in the very same spot please! please reply.

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,You've obviously nearly cracked it, and if you look on the main forum page here you will see 'the paint shop'where there are loads of responses to questions similar to yours.you will have to remember to make everything in a texture folder exactly as the others are in your airplane folder. Even a 'comma' in the wrong place will stop FS9 recognising it. I'm sure you know that anyway.Good luck!Andy.