Sign in to follow this  
Guest JTEK99

ScanAFD Problem: Freezing

Guest JTEK99

Greets, all:I've had this problem for a few months now and have never figured out why. Let me preface this by saying that I'm not experiencing any crashes or problems with FS9 in general. But I've always been used to periodically checking for duplicate AFCADs with ScanAFD in order to head off any potential problems. Sort of a preventive maintenance scheme for FS9 that I use.However, for the last few months, I've been unable to use ScanAFD simply because I run it and it freezes. It doesn't freeze right away, of course. Rather, it freezes when I have it 'scan' the Addon Sceneries (the default scenery scan doesn't cause any problems). When I have it scan the Addon Sceneries, it starts and then never finishes. Eventually, I end up with a white, frozen ScanAFD dialog that won't close (I have to end it from the TaskManager by killing the process/application manually).Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm at a loss as to exactly what might be causing it since I have a couple of hundred layers of scenery. I've always had around this number and didn't have problems with ScanAFD, but now I do and I'd love to find out why.If anyone has any ideas, they'd be most welcome.

I have it too, but I have no idea why it freezes. This is with the version with timestamp 30-09-2004 (v1.1 beta) I don't have any trouble with v1.00 timestamp 12-03-2004.Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Guest wji

O.K., I'm digging way into the back of my memory vault and it seems that this issue was caused by the AF2 file for KSAN (San Diego). Did you recently install this FS9 addon scenery? It's good to know a corrupted AFCAD2 file will shut FS9 as fast as anything else; in this case, it's happening to ScanAFD, but it could be a corrupted AF2 file.P.S. There is a patch for the AF2_KSAN.bgl mentioned here.

Guest JTEK99

>I have it too, but I have no idea why it freezes. This is>with the version with timestamp 30-09-2004 (v1.1 beta) I don't>have any trouble with v1.00 timestamp 12-03-2004.Rob:I'm using v1.1b2 as well. Can't seem to figure it out.

Guest JTEK99

>O.K., I'm digging way into the back of my memory vault>and it seems that this issue was caused by the AF2 file for>KSAN (San Diego). Did you recently install this FS9 addon>scenery? It's good to know a corrupted AFCAD2 file will shut>FS9 as fast as anything else; in this case, it's happening to>ScanAFD, but it could be a corrupted AF2 file.>P.S. There is a patch for the AF2_KSAN.bgl mentioned here.Bill:Thanks for replying. Yes, indeed, I have FlyTampa's KSAN installed. I tried disabling the scenery and then running ScanAFD, though with the same result. A freeze. I also renamed the FlyTampa BGL file to see if that made a difference (renaming the file extension to .BG#, that is), but again, ScanAFD froze.Still can't seem to find out what it is. Thanks for the help, though!Btw... I searched for the patch you mentioned. Where is it located? I couldn't find anything in the AVSIM library (nor Flytampa's site).

I had the same problem some time ago. I wrote the developer and he sent me a different version that fixed the bug that hangs on certain bgl files. I'm not sure if he posted it or not.Bill M

Bill McIntyre

Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel Core I7 6950X (10 core)@ 4.5, 32GB's Crucial Ballistics DDR4 MEM, 1 Crucial M.2 4TB SSD, 4 Crucial-2TB SSD, Corsair H115i CPU liquid cooler, NVIDIA RTX 2080TI Founders Edition, LG 34" HD Curved Monitor, 2 Dell 27" Monitors, Sound Blaster Audigy X, 1Kw PC Power & Cooling Power Supply, Corsair Obsidian Full tower Case.  FSX-SE, MFFS 2020, PD3 v5.4, WIN10 Pro x64                                                                                                                                             

Same problems here. Never figured it out...

- Aaron