Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

Citation X fans...

Right now, the FeelThere ERJ-145 and its cousin the Legacy, are the only FS add-ons that incorporate a fairly complete Honeywell FMS. So, at least at the moment, FT has an advantage in already having a good working FMS and associated AFCS. Will be interesting to see what EagleSoft brings to the table (and when).The FeelThere product will be for both FS9 and FSX (one price gets both). I wonder if EagleSoft is going to stick with the past practice of charging people twice, once for each version (FS9 and FSX)? For me, that will be a discriminator.Does anyone know if either the FeelThere or EagleSoft versions will have autothrottles? RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

They shouldn't have autothrottles, AFAIK the real CX doesn't have them. Eaglesoft keeps putting them in airplanes that don't have them which can be infuriating if you're trying to fly the darn things realistically, but thats a matter of preference I guess.

Bob, you should know the real CX 750 doesn't have autothrottle. Our CX 1.0 used autothrottle for simmers convenience only.A reread of our CX2.0 feature list will show that true FADEC and true VNAV is accurately modeled. The other publisher offers VNAV "advisory"??:-)There is currently no way to build an "FS9/FSX dual sim" version of a complex aircraft and include the FSX "bells and whistles". This would require a new FSX model and texture set to be included with the FS9 model thus offering a "two for one" deal. If the other publisher chooses to claim dual sim version that is their business.Eaglesoft will continue to build specific FS9 or FSX Packages and allow users to choose which version they wish to own. Oh, almost forgot...Eaglesoft will offer Discount Coupons to current CX1.0 owners who wish to purchase either FS9 CX2.0 or FSX CX2.0.Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>They shouldn't have autothrottles, AFAIK the real CX doesn't>have them. Eaglesoft keeps putting them in airplanes that>don't have them which can be infuriating if you're trying to>fly the darn things realistically, but thats a matter of>preference I guess. Correct. The real CX does not have autothrottle. Our CX1.0 used autothrottle for simmers convenience only.A reread of our CX2.0 feature list will show that true FADEC and true VNAV is accurately modeled. Hope this helps:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Im excited about this plane. If it is on par with the Legacy, which I believe it will, it will be a must have add-on.MARCUS

>Im excited about this plane. If it is on par with the Legacy,>which I believe it will, it will be a must have add-on.>>MARCUS>I'm hoping it's better than the legacy since it's a later product. :)

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest blaster331

Greetings All, I agree with with Marcus.And to tell the truth,IMHO Eagle soft derserves my buisness if not for anything else but their wonderful support which btw continues now even years after their release.Best regardsAndrew:)

I'm looking forward to Eaglesofts X. They always do a great job with great support

>Bob, you should know the real CX 750 doesn't have>autothrottle. Our CX 1.0 used autothrottle for simmers>convenience only.I seem to remember reading a year or two back that Safe Flight was getting a C-X type cert for their AutoPower aftermarket A/T.>There is currently no way to build an "FS9/FSX dual sim">version of a complex aircraft and include the FSX "bells and>whistles". This would require a new FSX model and texture set>to be included with the FS9 model thus offering a "two for>one" deal. Agreed. But, that said, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what your competiton is planning, and has, in fact, already done with their Scarebus...the add-on will include two separate downloads, one for FS9, one for FSX. But both FS9/FSX versions of your competitor's Citation-X come packaged together in the two-for one deal, as you describe. >Eaglesoft will continue to build specific FS9 or FSX Packages>and allow users to choose which version they wish to own. OK, thanks for being honest, anyway. So, to paraphrase clearly, if I want to run it on FS9 now, and plan to upgrade to FSX later, I have to buy it twice. Understand why you plan on pricing it that way, but when the competition is selling both versions together for the same price, it makes it a bit harder to succeed with those sorts of marketing tactics.Good luck getting things to market.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Bob, no "paraphrase" to it....We said and meant that... "Eaglesoft will continue to build specific FS9 or FSX Packages and allow users to choose which version they wish to own." We've already said... "There is currently no way to build an "FS9/FSX dual sim" version of a complex aircraft and include the FSX "bells and whistles". This would require a new FSX model and .dds texture set with bump mapping, specular shading, and a number of other "tidbits" to be included with the FS9 model thus offering a "two for one" deal." We can assure you and others that that is no small task....If the other publisher can afford to offer a true FSX model with FSX "bells and whistles" for no return on their skill and labor that is their business. Either way you or I state it, users are challenged with purchase decisions based on a fair assessment of the feature lists, actual features delivered, overall package quality, and of course product support and support forums, ecommerce delivery and refund options, etc.We will simply offer the finest Citation X 750 we can build and support, and rely on users to make their own intelligent assessment of what they wish to own:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Nevermind, since it's already been stated. However, I'll leave a small statement.Personally, I'm using a specifically remodeled FSX aircraft that was very popular for FS9 & FS2002. I feel that the upgrade price was certainly worth it, and wouldn't expect a "freebee". The differences are very noticeable, and much more than just a converted & ported model to FSX.L.Adamson

>No, you are buying the FS9 model, and the "different" FSX>model. But then you already know that...>>I suppose it comes down to how much the consumer feels that>the particular model is different in regards to features,>programming, and graphics. Or is it just compatible model>between the two sims?>>Personally, I'm using a specifically remodeled FSX aircraft>that was popular for FS9 & FS2002. I feel that the upgrade>price was certainly worth it, and wouldn't expect a "freebee".>>Since the competition is not selling, the exact same product>in it's "two for one" sale, then it's rather tough to make a>direct comparison.>>L.Adamson:-)Exactly! I was hoping someone would state the obvious so I wouldn't have too:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>>Exactly!:-) I was hoping someone would state the obvious so I>wouldn't have too:-)> >And I probably just wiped out half the obvious, since you kind of beat me to it! L.Adamsonedit again, okay it isn't wiped out..... :7

Sorry, didn't mean to step on your post:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png