Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

Citation X fans...

>In short, FADEC equipped aircraft allow precise thrust>management, it just doesn't move the throttles for you. >That's what God give ya 10 fingers for! :-):-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol :-lol I wish my 10 fingers could fullfill such holy mission one day. Oh wait they actually have touched throttles of a X before...in a maintainance shop. :( counts?Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Ed and Mike have outlined the real and simulated advantages of TRUE Fadec and TRUE Vnav capabilities interacting with the FMS in Corporate Jets which do not use Autothrottle. Our CX2.0 is much more complex than what we were able to accomplish in CX1.0. We could go on and on about this but this should be enough to inform folks of the high level of detail involved in our CX2.0:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Jason:The Legacy is certainly more polished than their ERJ and at least I can read the friggin over head panel in the VC in the Legacy where in the ERJ it looks like it melted into a sticky plastic goop.AFAIK, the real Legacy aircraft does increase N1 with when anti ice kicks in, however, the increase in thrust in real life is negligible and doesn't increase your airspeed since that increase in power is being diverted to warming your surfaces. Unfortunately, I don't think that an increase in N1 without an increase in relative thrust can be simulated in MSFS.

>AFAIK, the real Legacy aircraft does increase N1 with when>anti ice kicks in, however, the increase in thrust in real>life is negligible and doesn't increase your airspeed since>that increase in power is being diverted to warming your>surfaces. >>Unfortunately, I don't think that an increase in N1 without an>increase in relative thrust can be simulated in MSFS.That's exactly what I suspect is going on with that. So Feelthere should have just made the anti ice "dummy switches". What's the point of trying to simulate it when it's not possible to do it right in FS9? When I fly the legacy I have to switch it off. You are right that legacy is an improvement over their ERJ. IMO Feelthere is good at "How it works" and "How it flies" but not so good at "How it looks". Legacy is an improvement in all three areas. If their X can be this much better than their Legacy it'll be really sweet. Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Jason:"How it works" and "How it flies" but not so good at "How it looks"That is the best description or review of all Feelthere aircraft in a single sentence. I couldn't agree more.If Feelthere got around to using crisp textures and a proper external model (referring back to their horrific 737-300/400/500 external model) they could be another PMDG or LDS. They are so close, that they have to just make the commitment to go the last mile.

I thought the Lagacy was amazing I still use it at my preferred Business Jet. I did buy the EMB-145 after using the Legacy but it is not nearly as good as the Legacy. If they follow the same pattern with the X I will go for it.

On top of that they need to drop Wilco like a bad habit. Face it Feelthere- no one likes dealing with Wilco. Find somebody else, please.