Sign in to follow this  
JayKae

SamDim Releases Yak-42

Just to let you know, I just posted this on the frontpage, usually I would not come down here and tell you all about something like this but this is a payware item at freeware prices. I have been hanging for it and now it is here. I gathered I would share this little bit of Easter joy with you all :)http://samdimdesign.free.fr/HTML/yak42.html

Guest ha5mvo

I couldn't find it in the manual, but the joystick setup utility is brought on using a hidden clickspot on the right top corner of the copilots panel. Note that after assigning your controls, you'll need to DISABLE the joystick from the sim (control+k)For the KLN90B, you'll need to download the manual for the real McKoy...it basically simulates almost all its functions.for more info on the KLN90B, you can go here:http://www.protu-154.com/forum/I'm not sure the Yaks installer comes with the KLNs sid/star database , so you might need to install version 6.1 of the Tu154B2...The Samdim offering is indeed a rare find for freeware!!The only two issues I had noticed so far is the loss of rudder control when using the joy utility, and some vertical oscillations when the AP attempts to capture the glideslope.Other than that, it looks and feels awsome!!

The KLN-90B comes with its own database, you don't need any other packages for this.I've removed some of the docs (in particular the joystick config explanations, the KLN manual and the TCAS manual) because many people asked me to make the installer as small as possible. Those docs can be found on the internet.I haven't personnally tested the joystick setup utility, because I find that the bird flies well enough with the default joystick config. But I am not a tester, other people tried it with success in the beta version. The rudder is disabled on ground when the steering is enabled by the switch on the pedestal. It is then enabled when airborne or during the takeoff/landing when the steering is blocked. At least this is what happens visually and what I've implemented using custom animations. I can't say whether effectivelly the rudder is lost in terms of plane's behaviour since I don't use the joystick setup utility.The AP is quite brutal on controls. It oscillates badly when using time compression. As for the glideslope, enable the glideslope capture when you are close to the glideslope and the capture will take place smoothly.

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

How are the steps before making the AP active? Do you have yo test the channels? How does it work? Nice plane, congrats on a excellent release! :)--------------------------------------------------------------------Fredrik Bachke

Guest RonB49

Beautiful airplane. Thank you. R-

Guest UR5WCW

Hello!>The Samdim offering is indeed a rare find for freeware!!>The only two issues I had noticed so far is the loss of rudder>control when using the joy utility, and some vertical>oscillations when the AP attempts to capture the glideslope.>Other than that, it looks and feels awsome!!We shall try to find out this situation with rudder, but as Dimitri (Samdim) said - we did not use this service gauge, the plane operates normally with the default FS joystick. One of the reasons we included it - useful for users with Force feedback joysticks.The other thing - one of the reasons you can see those oscillations - you did not maintain proper speed - it must be around 235-240 km/h before you entering the glideslope, reduce speed to 215-220 km/h when you are inside the glideslope. Generally it works and landing is easier.Bye!

What a great aircraft--several nice freeware aircraft have appeared the past few days. One question--is there a key sequence to enable the control surfaces, or are they slaved to an inbuilt MSFS function? Sometimes it's nice to save a flight and resume it later.-John

Guest UR5WCW

>What a great aircraft--several nice freeware aircraft have>appeared the past few days. >>One question--is there a key sequence to enable the control>surfaces, or are they slaved to an inbuilt MSFS function? >Sometimes it's nice to save a flight and resume it later.>>-JohnHello John!What do you mean - enable control surfaces?Please explane.-- Vlad

By default, ailerons and elevator aren't active until one goes thru the steps outlined in the documentation. I am wondering what MSFS function these might be tied to, so I can enable them with a hotkey or make sure they are enabled when loading a saved flight.John

Guest UR5WCW

>By default, ailerons and elevator aren't active until one>goes thru the steps outlined in the documentation. I am>wondering what MSFS function these might be tied to, so I can>enable them with a hotkey or make sure they are enabled when>loading a saved flight.>>JohnOh, I see....No, you can't do so. All devices writen in XML, and there are a lot of local variables which are not the standart MSFS variables - example: Helms Lock.Everything done so that you couldn't operate control surfaces untill you've unlock the helms, similar to the real aircraft.Except of that you have to make some obligatory procedures with course system and horizons, etc. before the flight.

Thanks a lot for such a nice aircraft. Just one question: how do I disable the Doppler system error message? I haven

Iñigo Bildarratz

>Just one question: how>do I disable the Doppler system error message? Get airborne :)

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

Guest UR5WCW

>Thanks a lot for such a nice aircraft. Just one question: how>do I disable the Doppler system error message? I haven