Sign in to follow this  
JayKae

SamDim Releases Yak-42

Guest ThrottleUp

Wow thanks for the heads-up on this, Im definetly gonna check this out! :)

Guest tappy

Hi all, Hope this is not an issue with this great release,...Could be just my rig, but i installed the Yak-42 a/c, took her up without no problems, but alas i couldn't get to grips with the Russian labels and the controls,... just me i supposed, so i took it of my hard drive....That was when the trouble started, when I went to restart fs2004 next, it failed to load, it kept crashing to desk top, no error messages or anything just straight to desk top every time....I used the windows xp uninstall function to remove the program as no unistall program was included, this could be the problem as many of the deleted files which you were given the choice to delete or not, were critical to the running of fs2004. I'm no expert, and i could be wrong...But be warned. It took rolling back to an earler recovery point for me to get fs2004 back up and running again. Regards Peter.

>Hi all,> Hope this is not an issue with this great>release,...Could be just my rig, but i installed the Yak-42>a/c, took her up without no problems, but alas i couldn't get>to grips with the Russian labels and the controls,... just me>i supposed, so i took it of my hard drive....That was when the>trouble started, when I went to restart fs2004 next, it failed>to load, it kept crashing to desk top, no error messages or>anything just straight to desk top every time....I used the>windows xp uninstall function to remove the program as no>unistall program was included, this could be the problem as>many of the deleted files which you were given the choice to>delete or not, were critical to the running of fs2004. I'm no>expert, and i could be wrong...But be warned. It took rolling>back to an earler recovery point for me to get fs2004 back up>and running again. >> Regards Peter.Hi Peter.I think you should look elsewhere for the cause of your problem.I have been flying an older version of the Yak-42 for a number of months and have installed and un-installed both this and the new version a number of times on two computers (both running Windows XP) without any problems. "as no unistall program was included"An un-install program is included. You'll find it in the main FS9 directory.

John

Guest wji

Thanks for this great model and repaints, DimitriDo you have yak42help-en.PDF in yak42help-en.htm format?Thank you.Bill

> Do you have yak42help-en.PDF in yak42help-en.htm format?Nope, only pdf.As for Russian labels, just turn cockpit tooltips on - they are in English.

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

Guest UR5WCW

As for English tool tips - Change Measurements units to USA system or to Metric (altimeter in feet) in the International settings of MSFS.Metric (altimeter in meters) used for Russian tool tips.

With a CoG of 22% I get a 2.6 degrees nose up attitude in cruise level, is this normal?Asking for a Payload Manager would it be too much? Any future plans for it?I have finished my first landing with it and LOC and glideslope capture have been soft and precise, I am both pleased and impressed.

Iñigo Bildarratz

Guest tappy

Hi john, I apologise for inferring that SamDim's Yak-42 was resposible for my CDT's,this was purely due to fact that when i removed the program my troubles began, When windows XP "remove program" asked, that so many files that other programs may be using but deemed not needed, do you whant to delete them, click yes to all ect. I thought that strange after I couldn't run FS2004 and assumed I had deleted some critical files. If I had taken more time to find the included unistall program that came with Yak-42, perhaps this wouldn't of happened, Like you John I have taken many programs off my hard drive with Windows XP and up till now, have had no problems....Just seemed strange to me....Thank you for your assurance and happy simming. Best regards, Peter.P.s. I do believe that SamDim's Yak-42 release is stunning in it's detail for accuracy, and surely deserves the best reviews. But sadly I do not have the time to immerse into something so demanding. I just like jumping into the first single seat cockpit i see and away i go, pure heaven.....Bye.

Guest UR5WCW

>With a CoG of 22% I get a 2.6 degrees nose up attitude in>cruise level, is this normal?>Asking for a Payload Manager would it be too much? Any future>plans for it?Yes, it's normal. Depending on the wight and CoG the pitch is between 1,5 an 2,7 degrees.And we are planning to make a loader, but a little later.

No apologies necessary Peter. I was just trying to put you on the right track.The Yak-42 is relatively straightforward, compared to some other Russian aircraft. Takes me about 5 minutes to get from cold and dark to taxiing and take-off.The panel does look daunting, but once you get the hang of it, it is very rewarding.

John

Guest tappy

Hi John, Might just try it one more time, this time it stays on the hard drive.....Thnxs for your interest. Best regards, Peter.

I don't know if this is the right spot for this I have the Yak 42 which is very impressive I have got most of it down but I can't get the joystick utility to recognize my joystick The joystick setup works fine with the IL62 and the TU 154 and if I use the default joystick set up in FS9 some of the items will not work like flaps, gear and all the trims. Thanks Doug

So far the only problems reported about the panel concern the external utilities, not developed by the Yak42 group. This is the case of the joystick utility. Actually, they solved the problem and will include the correction into the next service pack.But honestly - the joystick utility is not something essential in this package. It has been added to cope with noisy joysticks, if your joystick is more or less ok, then you don't need the utility at all.

banner_samdim_q400_nrw.png

The joystick will not even work properly with the joystick enabled I have no trim on the elevator which I think is a must an no flaps and no gear retraction I have hooked different joysticks up with the same problem any help I hope? I like the model as it beats a lot of the payware products that I have purchase. Again Thanks Doug