Sign in to follow this  
JayKae

SamDim Releases Yak-42

I have been unable to activate the TCAS/XPDR system in the pedestal, I try to switch it on by clicking just everywhere on the panel but it remains off no matter what I try. May I be missing a module ( as I suspect) after uninstalling other freeware aircraft or might it be a missing panel.cfg entry for the TCAS?

Iñigo Bildarratz

Guest ha5mvo

Glide,For the time being it might be best to avoid the joystick utility alltogether. The Devs promise a fix for the utility issues with an SP1 that will be released in the future.The trim is not implemented, its use on the real aircraft is reserved for special procedures (failures, unorthodox load etc). You'll need to use the stabilizer (controlled by the sims "trim" buttons).Arist.the TCAS should be turned of by RIGHT clicking the rotary knob on the left side of its control panel. At this point electric feed only comes on only once the engines are running, this is because an electrical panel is planned in the future.

Thanks, I seen the stabilizer incidence gauge moving but not the trim for the elevator Thanks for the quick reply and as far as the joystick utility goes it never worked for me I could not get the save button under the cap to work with a joystick that it recognized. Again thanks glide

Guest ha5mvo

"as far as the joystick utility goes it never worked for me I could not get the save button under the cap to work with a joystick that it recognized."The Yak uses the "generic" joy utility (which you can add to any aircraft if you wish to have custom axis/buttons assignments).The utility saves the configuratins in a folder named JoyDI_CFG located inside the sims GAUGES folder. If you don't have a folder by that name - just add it manualy - it should cure the saving issue.For the Yak, as I said, forget about the utility until the patch becomes available - it should not effect the planes dynamics.

By any standard this is a fantastic add on.One question though.How do I activate the auto pilot?Have followed all the instructions but can't get it operating.Clearly I'm missing something.Could someone just outline what the correct procedure is please.Many thanks.

Guest ha5mvo

There are 3 switches - damper/pitch channel/bank channel. All 3 should be on (up) to prime the AP. To actually activate it, you'll need to press the two buttom/lamps on the right corner of the AP's panel.once you do that, the AP will maintain the current pitch/heading.

Hello! I just love the samdim aircraft but I cannot get the Yak-42 working. Is there a step by step tutorial with pictures somewhere?

Just to let you know, I just posted this on the frontpage, usually I would not come down here and tell you all about something like this but this is a payware item at freeware prices. I have been hanging for it and now it is here. I gathered I would share this little bit of Easter joy with you all :) http://samdimdesign....HTML/yak42.html
Link´s dead.

That's because it's from 2007.
Damn! Just noticed it! But thank´s anyway.