Sign in to follow this  
Guest Blargh

"Riding" an AI aircraft?

Guest Blargh

Hello, I have a random and silly question to ask...Is there any way (in FS9 or FSX) that you can "ride" an AI aircraft? I know you can follow one in chase view, but is there any way to "be" the AI plane? For instance, I'd like to find a way to simulate being a passenger and simply watch from within the aircraft as it taxis, takes off, flies to its destination, lands, and taxis to the gate, all the while responding to the ATC commands. I know it sounds completely ridiculous and many would probably just suggest recording the flight and playing it back, but then the aircraft does its thing without regard to other AI aircraft.If this isn't possible, are there any programs that can do a "gate-to-gate" autopilot?Many thanks for any inputs.

Seems like it would be reasonable with SimConnect. I just don't think things like the VC would be rendered in that case. The base model would have to have an interior modeled for you to see it.Then it would be a matter of inserting the camera at a view point in the plane.It would almost seem more attractive to get one of those spiffy planes with the detailed interiors and have a separate program run the autopiloting, however, then you don't get the ATC part.

Yes the Traffic View Board is what your require. :)