Sign in to follow this  
Guest captainmk

How to change fuel efficiency in an Aircraft!!!!

Guest captainmk

Anyone know what variable I have to edit in the aircraft.cfg of the plane in order to make it more fuel efficient? So it uses less fuel per hour than it does now but keeping the power the same is well?I recently make the switch from PSS to feelthere due to the horrible PSS exterior model but the fuel efficiency in the feelthere is much lower so I am loosing too much fuel already!

HelloOpen the aircraft.cfg with a text editor, such as Wordpad. Find the "GeneralEngineData" section, which should look like this:{GeneralEngineData}engine_type= 1Engine.0= 6.000, -26.667, -5.583Engine.1= 6.000, 26.667, -5.583fuel_flow_scalar=0.978Reduce the fuel flow scalar :)

Guest captainmk

Thanks, I will try it out :)

Guest PARADISE

You could also reduce the Parasite Drag in the aircraft.cgf file from 1.0 to a lower value.John M

>You could also reduce the Parasite Drag in the aircraft.cgf>file from 1.0 to a lower value.>>John MThat will change far more than fuel flow rate. Bad, bad choice. :(The default value of 1.0 for the fuel flow scalar is equvalent to a jet engine running at a thrust specific fuel consumption (TSFC) of 0.50. This is actually lower than most real world jet engines.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest PARADISE

You're right. But, when I just want to make a simple adjustment so my Southwest Airlines B-737 can make it to LAX from BWI on one tank of gas I just take some antennas off and lower my parasite drag:-) Other than that, I usually stick with the program and calculate a re-fueling stop if it looks like the headwinds will be too great.John M

Guest captainmk

Another thing is that I have a problem with my opensky a330. Whenever I come into approach for landing the nose of the aircraft would always pitch up too high even though the airspeed is around 170 knots, when I try to slow down even more it pitches up even more and nearly obstructs my view of the runway.How can I edit the aircraft cfg file so that the flaps can have more effect on the aircraft - they can slow down the plane but keep the angle of attack low at the same time?

Guest PARADISE

Hard to tell what's going on here. Are you using the 2D panel or VC? if you're using the 2D panel you may need to adjust you viewpoint from within the cockpit. I believe it's adjusted by "Shift + Enter", if not, check you're kneeboard for the correct entries. I've noticed that on their CRJ's that the aircraft will pitch up abruptly at touchdown as the spoilers deploy. If this is the problem you're having try landing without the spoilers set to automatic. Deploy them manualy after touchdown.John M

Guest captainmk

Thanks I'll try it out