Sign in to follow this  
ecagan

CTD with Fanda Dash 8

I recently discovered the Dash8-Q300 freeware model from Oleksiy Frolov and Thomas Herger. I keep getting an error that someone else reported on their forum (http://bathursted.ccnb.nb.ca/fanda/)that is causing it to CTD. I'm not sure what the cause is. It states ERROR-FS9 and reads "Failed to Read From File." No one answered the post there so I thought I would repeat it here. Anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it? I downloaded every version of the Dash 8 to eliminate any missing files but was hoping someone could help.Thanks,Eric

Eric, I looked over at fanda Forums. Is the CTD your experiencing happen when approaching the two airports mentioned.. KALW and KSEA? Have you tried other airports just to see. I really don't know what would be causing the issue. I thought I would pick your brain a bit. Can you fly for a long period of time without any problems until the actual approach at any given airport? Crashes can be a real pain as I'm sure you know. Could be a component in the dash files or somewhere in FS that doesn't like something for sure. If the Fanda Forums are slow, you might try E-mailing them, as they will get back to you. The support there has always been a positive experience.

When I attempted to fly, I was at TNCM (St Maarten). One time I was in the air to St Thomas and it gave me the error. Another time, I had just backed away from the gate and it gave me the error. I can try to email them to see what they say. Thanks for the help.Eric

Guest wji

Sorry to hear you're experiencing C2D since loading Fanda's DHC8. I've flown it since day-one without incident so can't comment directly on your situation. Some things, however, come-to-mind:1.) FS9.1 patch must installed for FS2004 to run successfully2.) The recommended loading procedure for the Fanda complex aircraft is to first load the FS2004 Default flight THEN load fanda. Hope this helps.QuikChek fandaI'm wishing now I published the FSUIPC FREE code that was available FREE when I published the QuikChek fanda webpage

I do have the 9.1 patch loaded. Just so I understand your second item, you are saying that I should load fs with the default flight (KSEA) and default aircraft (C172), then, using the menu options, change both? I would load my intended flight first then load the fanda dash 8 last?Eric

Guest ap9dm1

I have to add this. My entire FS config is destroyed/corrupted by this aircraft. The panel itself loads with every aircraft in my library, even if I remove/delete the Dash 8 directory. It has seriously corrupted the entire sim for me. And I've not found a way out. I've tried reinstalling the sim and copying over my scenery and aircraft folders - sim just crashes. I've tried removing almost every add-on DLL individually, it still crashes. I've removed FSUIPC, deleted various ini files, recreated the FS9.CFG, still nothing works.I then resinstalled the Dash 8, it produces various errors including MSVCRT.DLL on loading FS9, and now I get Dash8ALL.Gau if I switch aircraft. Also to add, Active camera no longer works even though it's listed as registered. Something has gone badly wrong here. The real puzzle for me is, how the #### can I remove the thing completely - it just seems to load it's panel with every aircraft all the time.I've never come across anything like this before.Very sad simmer indeed. Years of tweaking and configuring are fast going down the drain! Maybe I should bite the bullet and purchase a new rig for FSX, and I'll stay well clear of this work.Del.

Send an email to support@majesticsoftware.com. leksiy Frolov will be more than happy to be of assistanc to you.RegarsdsKroswynd

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos