Sign in to follow this  
Guest kikimax

window vista

Guest kikimax

Hello,Now that I'm using windows Vista I cannot make changes in the aircraft file without getting this message that I don't have permission to change it, can anyone help me how to get around this?Thanking you in advance,KIKIMAX

Could that be User Account Control (UAC) ? Turn it off, it's very annoying isn't it. Vista has lots of these hand-holding features.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest kikimax

where do I find that UAC?Thanks

Control Panel > User accounts and family safety > User accounts then down the bottom of the page you should see Turn UAC on or off. you need Admin priviledges though. I havn't turned mine off, I've just set it to automatically elevate me to admin whenever it needs it. you can do that in the local security policies. type secpol.msc into the start menu and enter. then local policies > security options scroll down and find "user account control: behavior of the approval prompt in admin approval mode" double click on it and change it to elevate without prompting.Aaron

Guest thedoggg

The fix for Vista "Big Brother Gates" antiuser security crap is to have XP. A multiboot setup is ideal. Vista just for experimental purposes and XP for everything else.Carlos

You will find that you need to keep UAC off or you may have problems with many utilities such as Activecamera or FSIPC. Anything that doesn't come with an installer but needs to write to .ini files will be blocked by UAC.UAC is the most idiotic part of Vista and you'd do well to simply keep it off and use the common sense that God gave to a goat to keep your system free of viruses and spyware.