Sign in to follow this  
Guest dpc

Reflective bmp

Guest dpc

Could one of you fine folks tell me what is the bmp that does the reflective textures on aircraft. Somewhere I picked up one that is way too reflective and I'm trying to tone it down a bit. I still want some reflection but I don't need to shave in fuselage or anything.Thanks in advance.

Hi,Download and install DXTBmp from the MW Graphics site. Choose Prefs/Select Editor to point to your favorite paint program.Load the BMP file into DXTBmp, and choose Alpha/Send to Editor. Edit this trans.bmp file, making the gray areas lighter (less reflective). Save the file and quit your paint program. Back in DXTBmp choose Alpha/Refresh Alpha. Save the BMP file. Repeat as necesary.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest dpc

That sounds like a per plane answer. Is there a global texture or setting that increases or decreases the effect? Thanks again

Guest dpc

Found what I was looking for. The file is envmap.bmp. Replaced the one in my texture folder with the original from the cd and it corrected my issue.Thanks for responding though, Tom