Sign in to follow this  
Guest ChrisHan

ATC guides to ghost runways

Guest ChrisHan

Hi,I installed several afcads for my airports....some include "ghost runways", short, closed for takeoff and landing, for what I understood, making all runways active (don

Usually the only reason the ATC would send you to one of the necessary fake runways is that your are crossing near the star configuration when assigned your approach.You need to ask for a different APPROACH, then a different runway.There will only be approaches to real runways.This star of short closed runways used to make non-parallel runways work has many disadvantages. The issues you describe are some of them.However, it is the only way we are able to make non-parallel runways active in FS2004 and FSX.

Guest ChrisHan

Ahhh, now I see.....thank you.Chris

Actually, fake runway assignment should no longer be an issue. It was thought that the star had to be placed within a certain distance of the airport. (AI visual zone? 108 NM?)However, it works no matter where you place it, as was discovered by Jim Vile I believe. I place mine about 0 degrees E/W and 60 degrees S. Works like a charm and I've never been assigned a fake runway since. And there's no AI traffic there near Antarctica, so they all go to the real airport as well. :DIn other words, talk to the Afcad designer.

Mike...