Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Fantastic....what a Flight Sim!!! R/C flight simulation....free demo download

This sim will do more for your sense of flight control than ANYTHING I have ever had the sheer fun to fly, let alone the photo-real scenery. It will really enhance your sense of flight within FS9/FSX!Want to truly feel the dynamics and control of flight? Just download this fully functioning R/C (Radio Controlled) flight simulator, only 80 megs and have a BLAST!You use the arrow keys in place of your Radio Controller. Explore all the drop-down menus and everything is explained as well as all keyboard command flight controls. There are a ton of options even in this demo.An early tip: If you crash your R/C plane or helicopter (and YOU WILL at first, LOLOLOL) just press the space-bar and you are all set up again on the runway ready for another exciting flight. Numbers 1-0 are your throttle settings, with 0 as full-throttle. The 'Z' key will give you three ZOOM and TRAC options. I like the second and third which are auto-zoom and 'keep the ground in view'.Under GADGETS, open up the radio-controller window so you can see how your key movements affect the actual controller if you decide to get into the hobby for real. Drag the bother-window that keeps opening up to the bottom right of your screen and it won't bother you further or block your view of the action. Have fun...and give 'er 'ell.....I'm now hooked on aerobatics....:))))))) In fact, I want to now get an R/C gas engined plane to practice actual flight control and dynamics before I get my PPL.If you don't download this demo and try it, you are truly losing out on some incredible fun and flight education. The DOWNLOAD link is about three quarters down the page.http://www.realflight.com/free-g3-demo.htmlCheers!Mitch

So, I'm curios. Did anybody have some fun with this? I'm still not too hot using the helicopter with keyboard commands. I now feel confident enough to buy a plane model (trainer) and not feel I'm going to wipe it out on the first fly-by...This sim, controlling the plane as you do from the ground really gave me an appreciation for ALL the forces that act upon a plane in flight. Power setting (throttle) combined with angle of attack, the bank angle combined with again, throttle and observe how it acts upon the lift surfaces.I hope all enjoyed my find! Well actually, a friend put me onto this. You always have to be totally honest (smile).Cheers!Mitch R.

Guest dpc

I gave it a shot. It's actually a lot of fun. I was actually looking into getting it but I can't find if you can use a regular game controller with it. I don't fly RC so I wouldn't use a real radio with it. It is definetly different than flying FS. Its easy when the plane is going away from you but when its coming toward you thats a whole different story :-lol

Gave it a whirl :) , really cool software and seems really realistic to my untrained eye. Crash effects crack me up :-lol and I can't fly the helo to save my life :-lol Never been into r/c myself but always liked watching the pros at work, especially with large models.Nice find :)regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark

Dave, my friend has a real controller that also has a USB port so he can practise with the simulator and then go out and control his real gas R/C with the said-same controller.You can get a game controller that looks and feels exactly like a real radio rig, but is only for this sim. That would be your ultimate true-feel controller rather than the keyboard.I have had so much fun and true 'learning' about combinations of the different flight control surfaces, and then ran back to FS9 for some incredible aerobatic flight...and now KNOWING what I'm doing and why the combinations of stick/rudder control to get there, that I am going to purchase this sim shortly, but with the same real world double-usage radio controller that my friend's wife bought for him at Christmas. Use it with the computer, to practise, and then take it out with the plane to the local club I found. :) They do formation flying and you are really responsible for, and controlling a **real** aircraft, no matter its size and scale to actual real-life sit-in's. You can get into this for under $500.00! I see it as the 'missing link' between only flying a computer model, and one day getting into the real McCoy.Cheers!Mitch'er

Guest ebk

Just spent an enjoyable hour with this sim.........i've had no experience of radio control, but this could well be a stepping stone to the real RC world!Great findEric

Thanks for this recommendation. Lotsa fun! I love the photoreal scenery in this package.I've always wanted to try R/C for real and have never actually reached the point of giving it a whirl. One day soon..:-)Nice findEric

Hi Mitch,####, the secret's out..LOL!I've been a fan of the Realflight series since way back. The latest (G3), as you say, is a blast and has become a serious training aid for the likes of me who have been doing this for real over a period of many years. The modelling in this latest release is very good and pretty close to reality.I fly fixed wing. I can just about manage helis (in the sim), but accidents in the real world make this aspect of the hobby just too expensive for me. With fixed wing, balsa and a selection of glues I can get by, but it sure is an incentive to hone your skills!It's about as near as I will get to the thrill of experiencing real flight. My club's season is about to restart so it's time to cycle the nicads and heat shrink those wrinkles in the wings. G3 goes a long way towards protecting me from experiencing those withdrawal symptoms over the Winter months.Cheers!Mike

Guest Ken_Verga

Well I also have a Hobbico NExstar but havent made it out to the field yet here in Chicago Brrr.But an amazing hobby.I have both G3 and the Nexstar sim.Kenneth

Hi Guy's,Well, this is usually how it all starts. a bit of fun leads to more curious things etc, and before long you are down in a field somewhere having lots more fun and spending hours in the glorious sunshine flying models, whether they be Helicopters or Aeroplanes, the fun is equal to both.a word of caution though, you will usually want to progress onto bigger and better things.I started off with a Robbe Ornith 46, and ended up getting a bigger model.This was a Jetcat Hotcat, which came in a kit format, and believe me the Germans know the true meaning of the word "Kit"I have never ever seen so many parts in three big boxes before, but I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of assembling it, and watching a very experienced model reviewer friend of mine check it out for me before the first flight.have a look at this to see what I mean.http://www.lwsquad.org/steve/jetcatflight.wmv

Hi Mike!Well...this is the story of Jed and all his kin...lol:My buddy a week ago AMBUSHED me by inviting me over for a beer and hamburgers......I should have stuck with that, ROTFLMBO!After dinner..he said; "Mitch let me show you what MY flight simulator is all about."I said, "FSX?" I knew he already had FS9."Nope", he said..."it's all about R/C flying."He showed me the full G3 Monty and that was as they say...THAT!After I killed myself a number of times with his real/USB-ported R/C controller, flying one of hundreds of fixed-wings, he took me upstairs to his hobby room and I couldn't BELIEVE the size/scale of the R/C beauty he had ready to go....His wife blessed him with this R/C surprise via Christmas. He wanted to get good via the simulator before he showed it to me. Before this, he was a FS9 flier.I screamed home!I downloaded the demo, flew it for hours and realised that this REALLY is the way to simulate flight by controlling a real airframe. You must follow all the elements of full-scale control and flight procedures. I'm hooked, Mike. Count me in on the R/C side of flight simulation or to invent a word; 'actualization'. :)I'm ordering his controller/USB-enabled radio rig and will then go online and see what type of gas-engined plane to perk my interest. I know that I will go large scale with this purchase.Between this and FS9....yee-haw!My local club apparently has competitions, fly-by's, formation flying, jet-powered demonstrations by guys that can fly almost blind-folded. I'm drooling and can't wait to get right in there...This hobby and branch of flight simulation...is serious stuff, lol!Cheers!Mitch

Guest Javis

Hey Mitch,Am i right in having to come to the conclusion that one can only buy this program with the inclusion of the Controller ?..... I love the demo, thanks for the HU, but i am quite suprised that i can't seem to find anything about buying just program.Seeing the somewhat irky behavior of the demo plane when flying it via the keyboard i guess the program is only ment to be used with the Controller ? Thanks on forehand for clearing this up.Cheers,Jan

Guest neslesman

I've been curious about this myself. A question for those of you with experience, how much does the controller cost? Not a real radio one but the computer interface. Under$75?I've seen some video of them, the computer one that is, and it's amazing. I often watch the guys with real ones in the park and that's even more amazing.

Jan, my bud, like I said has a real four-channel controller that can also plug into a computer and be used with this G3.0 and 3.5 version sim.I can ASSURE you that when using an actual controller, the plane movement is precise and dead-on in realism. It is so fast in fact, that if you for the slightest moment get disorientated with the left and right hand joy sticks, your plane can come in for a nasty appointment with Tera Firma.Don't ask me how I know...LOLOLOLOL. I'm sure that just the controller made for input into a computer will be as fast and smooth.I will get his model (the real one with the USB interface built in) and report it back here on this thread. I can do that tomorrow.I do know that already by his intense reading, he has advised me to go for a six channel controller---so I can have the option of buying a plane with retractable landing gear and/or other options such as nav lights off and on via a channel, and an aerobatic smoke generator off-and on.Like I said, this is a really serious arm of flight simulation. I can't believe that I never even thought to check it out!Mitch