Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Scenery Studders Still..Need Help!!

Hi again,Still fighting the scenery studders......here is the system:Windows XP Home EditionGEFORCE 4 128MB TI420041.09 Drivers512 MB RAM4o GB Hard DriveAMD XP 1600Seems no matter what I do, I still have the studders..tried the 29.42 driver and had the same thing....have all sliders about 3/4, and even reduced them and still had the problem... Monitor is at 75 HZ...did not have this prblem with windows 98....only when I went to XP ??Any of you guys with ideas, it sure would be appreciated !!Many many thanks, JimTucson

Hey Jim....Another AZ simmer!How frequent are your stutters? Do they seem to come at a frequent interval, and do they seem rather regular? With '98 I notice an odd stutter from time to time, only when the HD is thrashing away. Comes and goes so fast, I usually don't notice.If your stutters seem rather regular, I'm with the other suggestion. Something may be running in the background under XP that is hitting your system. This is especially true is going from '98 to XP was the only change you made. Also, a driver that isn't tuned for XP could be a culprit. The sound driver, video driver, even modem or LAN driver--any of these could be a culprit. Come to think of it, I somewhat recall someone having a similar issue related to a LAN driver under XP, but I can't remember the details.-JohnKPHX