Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

The best 757?

The best 757 available is the PSS 757. However, temper that statement by the fact that it is the only 'real' 757 (that is to say complete simulation - not a cobbled together merge) available, so it is a pretty hollow complement. Unfortunately, it has its share of bugs and inaccuracies baffingly still apparent even after a service pack. (Par for the course with PSS).Captain Sim may shortly complete their 757 and graphically it blows the PSS 757 out of the water. Functionality still remains to be seen....Not too many choices I'm afraid. Of course there are the freeware merge options...however, even with an LDS / POSKY merge, the panel will be that of a 767, which is not completely accurate to the 757 along with the inability to input correct numbers into the FMC, no VC and no fuel and or load planner (but at least its free and not a horrible alternative to the PSS - therefore maybe well be worth the compromise).

To be honest. I've always seen the 757 as so similar to the 767 that's it's not worth even getting a 757. The LevelD is perfect in every way. OK, slightly bigger but hey not a drastic difference. Too close for me to spend more money on a 757.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I love the 757. The flight deck's of the 752/3 and 762/3 are nearly identical. The 764 resembles more of the 777 deck.Other than that, its more like different weights, passenger load, powerplants, etc. I prefer the 757. Think of it as a rocket. It was actually overpowered, and that's what it's operators loved about it.

Right now I am using the PSS 757 and it is ok but it misses some of the things I think make a great add on like call outs the FO 2d panel and it does climb like a rocket even with alot of weight and whether the real 757 actually flys like this I have no idea but it seems a bit drastic. For now the PSS will have to do it also appears there is another 757 in the works Quality wings or something like that.

Guest jboweruk

Maybe wait for Level-D to release their 757. :) I'm waiting on JustFlight to release the PSS on DVD, as you do tend through them to get a better deal more often than not. Extra liveries etc.

Andrew:As a rule of thumb, derate the engines to 50c-60c and you will get more realistic climb performance.With the engines not derated the thing can climb at +6000 fpm just to hold v2+20 at departure and will get to 250kts barely giving you enough time to clean up the aircraft.

>Maybe wait for Level-D to release their 757. :) The LVL D is for FSX only so unless they fix that pile of rubbish the PSS might be your only option for awhile.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

"...and it does climb like a rocket even with alot of weight and whether the real 757 actually flys like this I have no idea but it seems a bit drastic..."Have you updated recently ?If not, you're probably still using the freeware Project Opensky FDE that was included for the first six months of sale.

Regards,

Brian Doney

>If not, you're probably still using the freeware Project>Opensky FDE that was included for the first six months of>sale.Yes ... that's a bit of a shocker! :-eek ..I'm still walking around with my mouth open! :(

It really is a shame too; PSS today isn't the same PSS of 6 months ago, and the people left to deal with this aren't the ones directly responsible.This particular issue has apparently been dealt with, which needs to be mentioned; here's hoping they can straighten the rest out over there.

Regards,

Brian Doney

Yup.I just bought PSS's 777 through Just Flight. For only $30, you get the 200 and 300 variants, plus a boatload of liveries. Quite a deal, IMO.