Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

How do you fly without a transponder?

Today I tried a flight using Radar Contact4 and the A-26 I downloaded from http://www.sim-outhouse.com. When RC4 said it was NOT picking up my transponder, it wasn't, because either the aircraft did NOT have one or the fact that I could NOT find it. This is a WWII bomber, so maybe it doesn't have one? If not, is the a .cfg that the transponder freq could be listed on as a work around? Any ideas? jerrycwo4

Jerry,You could modify the panel.cfg to include the boeing radio stack. That would then give you a transponder. Not realistic but you only need to access it when a transponder change is required.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for the replies... I did try to log onto/ join that fourm, but for somereans I was unable to. I usually fly with Radar Contact 4, and with another plane, I found by accident in the "general" section of RD4 ( when your setting up for a flight), I noticed a place that had the transponder freq listed. I guess that I could put the required freq there and then RC4 would have it. (having a little problem with RC4 now but I'll try this when I get it fixed).jerrycwo4

Problem fixed............ I installed a radio with transponder from another WWII aircraft and now my A-26 works fine. jerrycwo4

I'm glad to hear you got a solution to it Jerry. :-beerchug

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather