Sign in to follow this  
Guest WindBeneathMyWings

Major Errors In Terrain

Guest WindBeneathMyWings

Six Default Scenery Fixes=========================Introduction: (turn Word Wrap on)=================================This scenery patch corrects six problems in the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 default scenery. Specifically, in FS2004, Millwood Lake which is situated in Arkansas has an enormous error in which half the surface of the lake is 15,000 ft below sea level. The next error is similar to the first error and is situated at Stockton Lake in west-central Missouri at a depth of 11,500 ft below sea level. The next glitch is near Memphis, Tennessee where an airport flatten is causing a hill (or cliff if using high resolution mesh terrain) where there is no airport. The next problem is in Alaska at Girdwood airport (AQY) where the adjacent river is placed too high making cliffs right next to the airport. Another glitch at Davis airport (KMKO) in Muskogee, Oklahoma exists where the runways are situated over large sinkholes and the runways themselves are floating. The final glitch is in Guiana, South America where a 100,000+ ft chasm and a 60,000 ft spire exist along a river. These files correct these errors and reproduce the lakes at their proper elevations, remove the big hill near Memphis, fix the floating runways at Davis airport, lower the elevation of the river at Girdwood airport, and remove the 100,000+/60,000 ft chasm/spire.To see the 15,000 ft hole error at Millwood Lake, start at Glenn Winchester airport (2AR6) and fly heading 175 for 6.5 nm.To see the 11,500 ft hole error at Stockton Lake, start at Stockton Mun (MO3) and fly heading 120 for 6 nm.To see the big hill near Memphis error, start at Delta Flying Service Inc airport (MS65) and fly heading 117 for 2 nm. To see the floating runways at Davis airport (KMKO), simply start at Davis airport (KMKO)!To see the Girdwood river 'cliffs', simply start at Girdwood airport (AQY)!To see the 100,000+/60,000 ft chasm/spire, start at Kamarang (SYKM) and fly heading 163 for 6 nm.Ok... Now I have a question I have FSGenesis Terrain Mesh covering the Central West Canada and Alaska of the U.S. Also Ultimate Terrain.3 of the airfields on my sim still have major errors. KMKO MS65 SYKM. I downloaded this gentleman's fix but got a little worried. Being the fact I do like the heck out of the airfield in Alaska with the FSGenesis terrain looks great! But that sphire which i got rudely introduced to the other evening and I could not figure for the life of me I got a crash at FL310 like hitting a brick wall. So the curiousity and investigating lead me to this. Ok to the point. Has anyone with terrain mesh and or ultimate terrain used this fix? If so how did it turn out? Or are there individual fixes somewhere out there? Thanks, Josh

Guest WindBeneathMyWings

For those that are in a similar boat as me... I just tried it worked out fine fixed all the errors no problems with current terrain etc. Happy Landings, Josh

HelloI would like to try this fix, What is the file name?

I've had 6 fixes installed since 2005. After installing UT USA I no longer needed the following:HP922180.BGLHP922190.BGLHP923180.BGLscott s..

Guest dogknot

>Hello>I would like to try this fix, What is the file name?six_default_fixes.zip ...in the avsim library

Look at 3dsoftworks.net and/or FlightSim.com; the file is still hosted at both locations as "six default fixes".

John G.