Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

Watch this...

Watch the lights. Is there anyway someone could create pulse lights for FS? Watch the landing lights on approach. I think it would be awsome to somehow implement something like this into FS.

It looks spectacular partly because the camera kept going out of focus.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I haven't yet seen an addon with the "wigwag" recognition lights yet - I always get a kick out of seeing the Southwest 737's land at the local airport with those lights blinking back and forth.

Eaglesoft has had those developed for quite a while and they will see the light of day/night in our Citation XLS:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest MD11ME

I could be wrong but I think those lights are activated by the TCAS when traffic is in a close range.

Same here. I wish someone could do this for FS. I once talked with a guy that does XML coding for ESDG and he said it could be done. Pulse lights just look awsome if you ask me. I see nearly every SWA 737 going into Hobby with pulse lights.

Its pretty much the same as the landing lights, but I believe its a 3-way switch, or something similar. Off-On-Pulse. But you can turn on the pulse lights on approach and when the main gears touch down and the spoilers deploy, the landing lights go to full on.... And now that I think about it, yes. When a traffic alert is recieved by TCAS, I believe they automatically activate for warning. Also, Ive heard it helps clear birds out of the way. I dont know, Id love to have some. :)

They are cool, but FS's lighting is so crappy I think it would look pretty cheesey. With FS, its pretty much either light on or light off. Unless someone found how to make a smooth, dimming and brightening transition then I don't think it would look very good.

Guest dogknot

I made a set of pulse/hazard lights back in December 2004 for the Aerosoft DHC2 Beaver that look and work pretty well, IMO. They are available at the Misty Moorings site, at my yahoo site and a few other places around the net. Apply'em and try'em, tweak to your hearts content, make them work on the aircraft of your choice. I just ask that you share your work with other simmers for the going price of "free".http://www.mistymoorings.com/toolshed/zip/...ts/Bvr_hzrd.zip

Hi Brent! Thanks for the help!Im not to intelligent when it comes to this. How do I know how and where to put the lights? I'd like to put them on the FT/Wilco Legacy and the PMDG 737, but I have no clue where to put them. Where do I get this information?

Guest dogknot

Chase, I don't have or fly these big guys, but here is some info for you: Just as in the Beaver, the call for this effect goes in the LIGHTS section of the aircraft.cfg. That being said, this is for the Beaver or similar 1 landing light small aircraft. Multiple entries of the same could be used, each with differing long/lat/vertical numbers to line up the lights with the aircrafts light placement. The effect file really would need to be opened (notepad does it) and have the scale and other entries changed to better fit the intended aircraft, as well as additional entries to cover each lights placement/size/pulse rate etc., for the particular aircraft (if one wanted to do it right).Ideally, an xml gauge could/should be written up to trigger the event and the effect.My original point really was that it can and has been done even with a simple effect file. If anyone wants the fun or challenge of writing them up for individual aircraft, then feel free to look over my simple effect file and build from there. I would like to see more of them myself as they are used worldwide, from the little low flying props clear up to the big tubes. I know this isn't any sort of instant help for you, Chase (sorry). Just wanted you to know it can be done.

Thanks anyways. I just dont have the knowledge to do much. Atleast I have something to work with. :)My question is, how do I get the lat/long. points for the effect? And, how do I increase the scale of the effect? And to what?

Guest dogknot

>Thanks anyways. I just dont have the knowledge to do much.>Atleast I have something to work with. :)>>My question is, how do I get the lat/long. points for the>effect? And, how do I increase the scale of the effect? And to>what?This may help even though it is really for contact points. It has the user playing in the LIGHTS section. It's very good.http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=articles&page=cpIn addition, look for the use of landing lights in the Light section. Actually, most of the newer planes actually have those in the mdl anymore, so look for nav lights; navred, navgreen or something similar. From that you can figure out where the tips of the wings are. Then it's a game of numbers and multiple guesses til you get the correct placement. Left latitude is a negative number as is longitude to the rear of center and vertical below center(down) . Right latitude/forward of center longitude/vertical or up from center are positive numbers. All in feet and decimals of feet.There are tons of tutorials and help files and forums dedicated to effects and such. Microsofts SDK's cover their function and uses as well. Lots of reading and experimenting to really get it down, but it's worth it.Keep asking though, because there are lots of really good tutorials out there that someone around here remembers their whereabouts. I haven't run across them yet in my zillions of notes and such.

Ill try and play around with it. When I open up the FX in notepad, what values do I change to make the light or effect larger so that it is in porportion with the aircrafts size?Thanks for the help buddy! :)