Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

FlyTampa St. Maarten (TNCM)-Released!

I would love to get this but am scared of the frames I might get. I have never tried any airports by this company. I have been using the freeware version by Delblond Christian. Of course it doesn't look like this one but the frames aren't to bad on my rig as long as I don't turn the complexity slider up too high. I noticed on their site that they don't have a demo to try and I would hate to blow $35 bucks and not be able to get much out of it. I have a P4 2.53, 1.5Gb RAM and an ATI 9700. The sim is running good with Ultimate Terrain, Ultimate Traffic, GE. What do you think I might expect with this airport?Thanks,Sean

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

you guys HAVE to redo KMIA now or at least do KFLL or KPBI so we ahve something awesome to fly from to there! :)now I have to urge to get the colombia 400 from eaglesoft so I have a fast buzzer, but I can't speenddd the moneeyyyyyy :( lol

Guest Elvi5

MIA is pretty old I agree. There is a 1.6 update that you may or may not have installed tho.http://www.flytampa.com/downloads.htmlFlyTampa-Miami UPDATE to Version 1.6 (12 MB self installer) Date: 08/22/2005Updates any prior full version of FlyTampa-Miami to 1.6. Includes updated ground textures, Concourse D extension, J construction, B demolished, renumbered runways and much more.1.6 will be a little better looking.TPA is more likely to get a total redo right now.

Guest Ken_Verga

I'm betting it has moving car traffic?

>>>TPA is more likely to get a total redo right now. Thats good.. I found a great freeware photoscenery by Pierre Chabrier for the Tampa area. This would work for both FS9 and FSX, so I was looking for an airport for this.file names:1. tampa_pc.zip2. st_peter.zipI can fly from Tampa to the awesome Gottfrieds Puerto Rico and then from there to St. Maarten etc.Now, I need a nice New Orleans (Lake front airport) scenery ...so I can fly from Dallas area..... stop at NOrleans then to Tampa.:)Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest ArtieLange

>I'm betting it has moving car traffic?Yes, TNCM and TFFJ have moving car traffic.

I got the fs9 version and I decided to put together a detailed review. I'll try to keep it as short as possible. Here it is:WOWalso I'd like to add:WOW!!!!You want something more realistic looking? Get a real plane ticket to the islands :)By the way, for those looking for good airports to fly from, try:-MYNN Nassau my Imaginesim-MDPC Punta Cana by Lago (a little dated but still nice)-search the library for any of the great freeware by Bill Melichar

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest neslesman

As much as I would love to have it there's no way I'm going to rush out and buy it for the following reason.The freebie version is actually very good and before I put my $20 or 30 out (I haven't seen the price) on St. Maarten I'll look hard and long at something that I can use on a contuous basis like a scenery closer to home or where I fly most or half of a really good aircraft that I've been craving for a long time. You can only fly around St. Maarten for a few minutes and you can only land their or show your friends so many times.Each of us has our own priorities and St. Maarten isn't high on my list. Now if someone were to give it to me for my birthday I'd be happy as punch.

whatever works for ya buddy! :)I'm pretty suer I have 1.6, but i'll install it again jut to see lol :)

FranceVFR released there next installment in their French Antilles: La Guadeloupe, so with La Martinique this makes some nice Caribbean flying ;)Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Well, on my weak system, I get much HIGHER framerates with Flytampa TNCM than I did with Delblond's freeware version. That scenery really tore up my framerates for some reason. Darn if I know how FT did it, but TNCM gives me the best frames of ANY payware airport scenery I've got (including FT KBOS and Cloud9's KCLT) without sacrificing any of the detail you see in people's screenshots. It's simply amazing.Lewis "Moose" GregoryDurham, North Carolina

I have tosay the frames are a zero hit aand with all that detail it is amazing. I have to say the Fly Tampa sceneries have always been great on my computer best of any I own. Flight Scenery is a close second but Fly Tampa's perform best for me.