Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

FlyTampa St. Maarten (TNCM)-Released!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I could not disagree with you more!>As much as I would love to have it there's no way I'm going>to rush out and buy it for the following reason.>The freebie version is actually very good and before I put my>$20 or 30 out (I haven't seen the price)No TNCM scenery comes even close to FT's incredible scenery!. I have treid all freeware and I even bought the France VFR version ...I can tell you that was not good at all!> I'll>look hard and long at something that I can use on a contuous>basis like a scenery closer to home Get out and about abit m8! ... in FS the world is our oyster we can go to parts we have never been before! Fantastic airports like this make people want to come and try new areas.>You can only fly around St. Maarten for a few>minutes and you can only land their or show your friends so>many times.My home airport is LHR but I have moved here! :-lol. No other airport or ports I should say offer quite so much ... you can drive, sail, fly, spot ...man this scenery is so involving!Something for GA and heavy pilots. ( also thanks to d*** FSX everyone is stalling on a decent LHR rendition!) >Each of us has our own priorities and St. Maarten isn't high>on my list.I hear you and despite KVPD's quality I do not own it but..and this is the most important bit...If you are interested in flying St Barts is a testing approach for GA pilots and TNCM has no ILS. :)

Bought this yesterday. Held back for a couple of hours, as I have spent the last couple of months firmly resident in and around Holger's amazing Glacier Bay, and wasn't sure how much time I'd spend in St Maarten. However, I gave in VERY quickly and out came the credit card. It truly is a beautiful and involving scenery, and with the inclusion of Saba and St Bart's, it is simply a fantastic addon.Regards,Al.

>I can fly from Tampa to the awesome Gottfrieds Puerto Rico and>then from there to St. Maarten etc.>>MannyThanks for mentioning, Manny. Meanwhile Puerto Rico in normal resolution is complete. 2 Volumes, East and West covering the whole island of Puerto Rico. The first high resolution overlay (1.2m/pix) is released as well (TJSJ with San Juan). Available here: http://www.blueskyscenery.com

I decided to try out Fraps and made a little video of landing at TNCM. My sound card decided not to work so you only hear my breathing in the microphone! LOL Anyway, go to http://www.kitte.ax/msfs/maarten.wmv and copy and paste the link into Microsoft Media Player. Not the greatest of videos but it gives you an idea of what it looks like.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Great stuff the best scenery with KPDX just great hmmm...I guess I will pick up some virtual skin color lolJust run don't walk :-)Andr

André

It is a GREAT scenery. I couldn't resist getting it and I am glad I did. I am no means a good pilot in FS but here is a video I made of me doing a landing.

Danny-Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 OC'ed to 2.9GHz-EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX-Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)-EVGA 640-P2-N821-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16-Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150-Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s-Thermaltake toughpower W0104RU ATX12V / EPS12V 650W-ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan with Heatsink

Guest fokker70

I just don't understand posts like this."Well it's great everyone likes it, but I'm not going to get it."Okay, thanks for adding value to the thread.