Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogtrack

FS9 within the Vista environment...

Guest dogtrack

Just out of idle curiosity does anyone know whether or not it runs in a satisfactory manner ?

Guest dogtrack

>Just out of idle curiosity does anyone know whether or not it>runs in a satisfactory manner ?Managed to find some reference back in early March, via the Search facility....seems performance is a bit iffy at this moment in time. Think I shall stick with XP for the immediate future.

Guest yarvelling

If it's of any interest to you at the moment, I have FS9 running under Vista Home Premium 64bit running with performance equal to that of when I ran it under Win XP. If anything, it seems 'smoother' - fewer stutters, and doesn't appear to be as prone to the dreaded 'blurries' as it was! I believe that Vista makes far better use of available RAM, and if I understand correctly, it runs programs outside of O/S in some way, so that if the O/S decides to do something else; like update virus definitions, etc, instead of suddenly chopping wildly, it does so independantly of the main programme....it certainly 'feels' that way to me :) I'm using the exact same hardware as when I used Win XP, so there's no additional help from any upgrades! I have FS9 pretty much setup as I did before with more add-ons going in all the time! Some heavy hitters will still cause low fps, but most aircraft/sceneries play just as nicely..so far!! There are a few that have difficulty with the CD installer on the 64bit version, but these can often be got around by installing under XP compatibility mode.If you already have Vista installed, then it wont cost you anything but a couple of hours to set up FS9 and try it out...!Hope this helps somewhat :)

I got vista ult. for my laptop and I've been wanting to install it on the desktop, but I'm always afraid I might have issues with FS9, so I havent upgraded it heh...

all I know is that I have a new beast machine on order that will have Windows XP professional onboard. I know what it does, and how it does it. I like predictability, particularly when migrating to a new PC. Easier to tell what is the OS and what is hardware.Im not moving to FS10 any time soon either, so this makes sense for me.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg