Sign in to follow this  
vernon39426

Object in Taxiway

Hope some one can help me. I have no knowlege of scenery so am relying on some one talking the basics. I have a building that showed up all of a sudden in the parking area of my home town airport, Picayune MS KMJD. I have no idea how to remove it and I pray that some one can help me. I am attaching a screen shot so that you can view my problem. Thanks in advance.

looks like some sort of an addon airport? Doesn't look like the default M76, anyway. If you can provide some more detail on what scenery you have installed, it could help.scott s..

Scott, thanks for your quick response. I have Ultimate Terrain, GE Pro, and the only thing I have for M76 is a modified AFCAD2 that someone on a forum made for me. These buildings were not in my taxiway until maybe a month ago. I have not added any scenery to picayune during this time. I thought they may have been off the airfied somewhere previously. really don't recall. Hope this info is helpful. I have way to much on my flight simulator to even think of uninstalling. I think I would live with the objects first. Whatever you can do would be appreciated.

You said they appeared a month ago? Whenever a new scenery file is added, MSFS rebuilds indexes and the corresponding scenery.dat is updated. If you do a global search of your FS9 folder for the files named "scenery.dat", then sort the results by date order, you might find a scenery.dat file which changed about the time this problem started. That .dat file will be in the folder where the scenery was added. For instance, I just added a fix for some of the mesh errors in the default scenery. I did a search for scenery.dat in my C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9 folder. I sorted the results by date. By the results, I can see the bgls for my update ended up in these folders:C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9ScenerySameC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryNamwC:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryNamcThe attached screenshot shows the results, and how I determined these folders had the latest updates.Consider the scenery.dat file like a "Cookie Crumb". The trail of these crumbs will show you where and when updates have been applied.Hope this helps!Johnhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170004.jpg