Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

FS HD?

I puirchased a 2nd HD that is 320GB, and its main use is FS. I am about to go have it installed, but when I get back, can I transfer FS9 and all of its files from my 80GB to the new drive or do I have to re-install on the new drive?Thanks, :)

Guest dpc

There are a few posts about on how to do it but basically what you can to do is install a fresh install of FS9 on your new drive and then you can copy your old install over the new one. Don't forget the files in MyDocuments, ie the fs9.cg etc. You will likely have to reinstall some of your payware addons once you're finished. You'll find out which ones when you try to load them. I just did this a few months back and it worked well for me. Don't delete your old one until you're happy with the result.OR you can install fresh and rebuild your FS over again a peice at a time, taking advantage of the new drive to only add what you use regularly.

Hi Chase,'just givin in my two cents,stop about that reinstalling of fs2004 on that new disk, for the sake of wasting time: i have put my copy of fs2004 on an external usb2 drive and when i look at the dates, it tells me, the install is now some 3 years old, currently holding 95GBs. so...you might consider giving it a try NOT reinstalling everything, since fs2004 istn