Sign in to follow this  
klamal

FS Genesis spikes

I just recently bought some terrain mesh from FS Genesis and, I have to say, it has renewed my passion for this hobby. It has made the world seem so much more "real".However, I have noticed quite a few "spikes" on my flights. I have searched the forums here and fsgenesis and notice that they seem to be somewhat common but just nowhere near the extent to what I have seen. I seem to get them more or in areas not reported by anyone else that I would think should be reported, i.e. KSEA. Just sitting at the airport looking south, there are a bunch. I believe that these are from the USA 76m mesh. I did a complete re-install of FS and installed each mesh one at a time(using the installer) and launched FS after each mesh install. After the USA 76m installed, I noticed the spikes south of the airport.I then went to PAPG in Alaska and noticed some west of this airport. I have the 76m and 36m Alaska meshes installed. I had the Canada 76m and 38m meshes installed too but that would not even let me load a flight at Alaskan airports(at least PAWG, PANC)I had several spikes on flights from KMCO-KMDW, KMDW-KLAS and KLAS-KRNO too. There seems to be a spike in my view at least 50% of my flight enroute.I also have the World LOD3/4/5, 360m and western hemisphere 153m meshes installed - so all levels are covered. I have Ultimate Traffic and PMDG737NG as my only other add-ons.Anyway, my point here is, has anyone else noticed this many spikes in their experience with FS Genesis meshes? Or, is it something with my setup/hardware or files(corrupt)? Or, is this just something that everyone lives with?I have posted at fsgenesis and received a reply from Justin stating that it could be corrupt files from the download and to try the DVD's. My DVD's should arrive soon and I will give them a try ASAP.I don't want to have to go back to default mesh as I have now seen what FS is really capable of(and with no impact on frame rates!!!). So, I have to find a way to get this resolved.Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I have all of the FSGenesis mesh for North America, and I have never seen the kind of spiking that you report. I suggest you try the DVD's and see what happens...DJ

Sorry, me too: never had any issue with FSG mesh or their LC products..GPU drivers, perhaps?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

If you stop by the tech support section of the FS Genesis site and do a search on spikes you'll see that you are not alone. If you post the details ( locations ) of the spikes Justin may make some suggestions. You'll also see the other spike problems/solutions from other users.JimBob"Master of the Sr. Moment"

Well, this appears to be a problem with my hard drive that I was installing FS to. I did a complete re-install of Windows and FS9 last night and installed FS to a different physical drive. Now, I don't have any of the previous problems as listed above. I used the same files that I downloaded from FSGenesis too.I thought it would have to be something with my setup because I could not find any posts talking about anywhere near the number of spikes I was seeing.Anyway, problem solved and I am loving FSGenesis!!!! It is a completely different world out there from default. I have ordered Ultimate Terrain for the USA/Canada/Alaska too. That should arrive today. Can't wait to see that!!!!Thanks for the replies.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024