Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

My beautiful FS9 rig: Is this ironic or what ?

Guest stymieho

Well..... I just got divorce and NO simming had nothing to do with it. I only wish it had. At least I could say getting rid of that *&*(($ was well worth it.As much as I would like to bask in the darkness of my new "man-cave", I think I have even less time now. My only solution on the long hauls is to simply use real time when flying eastbound across the Atlantic. I load up, take off, set the autopilot, talk to ATC till the coast comes up, then I go to bed. Wake up the next morning, talk to ATC, land the plane, and spend the normal part of the day with the kids or even possibly the next two or three ex-wives Im working on. So, if you have to have the long-haul, I think this is the way to go. Just remember that VATSIM doesnt take too kindly to sleepers online. Best to disconnect for the over water portion, reconnect the next morning. Keeps the suspensions down.Chris

That IS ironic J, but at least you still have the passion, so as mentioned above, the time you DO get will be all the sweeter. For me I've come to the bittersweet realization that after all these years, fs has lost it's shine. These past few months I've gleefully spent must be over $1200 (and counting) on music gear, and I'm not even an active musician any more. Yet I'm the same guy, a diehard vc flyer, who balked at buying Trackir because of the cost :( Really showed me just where fs falls in my priorities.Still, I'm sure the dream lives, and I'll enjoy my now rare flights all the more too.

Regards,

Mark