Sign in to follow this  

Flight 1 Meridian worth purchasing??

Guest WorkingStiff

I agree with you; this one is absolutely worth purchasing.Just two small problems so far though:1. It would have been nice to have a keyboard command (SHIFT + "a number") for the Overhead panel.2. Also, it would also have been a bonus to have the CTRL + F3 and CTRL + F4 commands to operate the condition lever, similar to what PSS did with their Dash-8.

I've flown the Meridian on both a 1 Gig Celeron and a 2.4 Gig P4.. both coupled with a GF4-4200 video card.In either case it was smooth and very flyable.. better framerates on the P4, but I flew the entire tutorial flight from Vero Beach to Miami on the Celeron and it was never a problem.This is the best FS2002 add-on I've seen (and I own a few..) If you have the time to spend to really get to know the advanced avionics, you'll absolutely love this aircraft!

Bert

on #1: you can do this, via editing the panel.cfg file. You have to fiddle with a number of things, including the "nomenu" switch, as well as possibly re-ordering some of the items in this file. There is a post either on the Flight1 forums or here (e.g. the above-referenced thread) that gives more details. (I'm not an expert on this, and it seems that v1.1 has overwritten my panel.cfg file, so I can't give you more detail.)on #2: I have one of my CH Pro Throttle's hat switches set up to control the Prop control. This moves the Condition lever in the Meridian.Dave BlevinsP.S. update: I found the message that talks about the panel.cfg file, in this thread:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...D8&viewmode=allhere is the text of Lennart's response to *my* comment about wanting to control the eyebrow panels with the keyboard:Dave, a small suggestion maybe for controlling the "eyebrows" with the shift-1,2,.... keystrokes: open the panel config. with notepad and scroll down to the entries for the eyebrows. Now look for a line "no menu=1" and replace the "1" with a "0". This enables the keystrokes. The only thing left to do know is alter the way the views are listed in thepanel .cfg. Look at my exemple below, it is altered so that shift+2 and shft+3 opens the left- and right eyebrows.Window02Background_color=0,0,0size_mm=140,155window_size_ratio=1.000position=2visible=0ident=COMPASS_PANELgauge00=FLT1PIPERM!CAP, 0,0,140,155gauge01=FLT1PIPERM!WICL, 124,0,16,16,75Window03file=FLIGHT1_MERIDIAN_OVRLEFT.bmpsize_mm=1024window_size_ratio=1.000position=1visible=0ident=OVERHEAD_PANELnomenu=0gauge00=FLT1PIPERM!OVRL, 9,46,520,181gauge01=FLT1PIPERM!OVRC, 582,52,185,186gauge02=FLT1PIPERM!OVRR, 819,43,535,181gauge03=FLT1PIPERM!WICL, 0,0,16,15,250gauge04=FLT1PIPERM!OVRI, 1003,0,19,18gauge05=FLT1PIPERM!OVRIM, 1003,30,20,230Window04file=FLIGHT1_MERIDIAN_OVRRIGHT.bmpsize_mm=1024window_size_ratio=1.000position=1visible=0ident=251nomenu=0gauge00=FLT1PIPERM!OVRL, -352,46,520,181gauge01=FLT1PIPERM!OVRC, 223,50,185,186gauge02=FLT1PIPERM!OVRR, 459,45,535,181gauge03=FLT1PIPERM!WICL, 0,0,16,16,251gauge04=FLT1PIPERM!OVLE, 1003,0,19,18gauge05=FLT1PIPERM!OVLEM, 0,30,20,230Notice that I altered the way the diff. panelitems are listed: the compass for example is window no.2 in mypanel.cfg where it is no.9 in the original. With altering this order you can assign the shift+... keystrokes. Only drawback is the "mouse flipover" doesn't work anymore.And the Meridian? BEST GA plane I ever flown. People, get your hands on one, your FS flying experience will never be the same again! LOVE this baby!!!Lennart

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest SlimDady

>Hi Dave, >Thanks for the compliments. Spend a little time with 1.1 and >let us know what you think. By all rights, you should see a >greater increase in performance and in frame rates and >smoothness. Properly tweaked, the Meridian should run really >well on any moderate to high level computer. We are even >getting some guys on "under speced" computers who are doing >really well. >Regards, >Jim Rhoads I can vouch for this one.. I noticed quite a difference in performance on the new patch.. i set the range from 1-2ghzand i turned of the garmin in the vc(i) it runs great now

Guest AV8RFOOL

Hello Dennis,That is a great looking repaint! Thanks all for your comments on the Meridian. More great titles are on the horizon!Jeff SmithFlight One SoftwareSales Manager

It's simply the best add-on yet.Try wiping the grin off your face when busting out of 1/8 mile visibility dead on the ILS after using the Garmin to get you there. It's simply amazing (and TONS of fun!)Get it.

Guest WorkingStiff

Dave,Thanks for the tips. I just printed them off and I'll start working on them tonight.

As if the new 5 star review on the AVSIM page here isn't convincing enough, let me add that I'm pretty sure this is the best FS2002 aircraft aircraft out there. I've flown nothing but it and some 767PIC since it came out.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com