Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

TNCM floating AI?

>Hi guys,>>Well I installed FS9 on my new drive and then I installed FT's>new St Maarten. Didnt have this problem before, but now the>static AI is floating. Any ideas?>>Thanks in advance guys!>>>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170083.jpg>Lol never saw that one in real life :-lolMake sure that all the files are in the correct location check the last bit of the manual...The dummy files and bgl files have to be in the correct place... Andr

André

Duplicate afcad file (or other conflicting scenery).Get ScanAfd from the library and see if you have multiple afcads (probably from some other addon scenery).

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Yeah this happens because the scenery there is actually -16 AGL... I was in the LD 767 yesterday and while I was taxiing it said -16 for AGL lol... so what happens is, if something is up with the afcads, it is putting the ai 16 feet off the ground I think :)This also sucks because I go by cues when it comes to landing big iron (when it goes 40,30,20,10 and BAM!) well here when it says 20 I start my flare, but since i'm 40 feet off the ground and not 20, i drop like a rock so I naturally put power to arrest the fall and I float for a while... makes it hard for me to land big planes in this area because of that heh

Guest ArtieLange

Looks like you have an afcad from a traffic program like ultimate traffic. Check for multiple afcads.

Perhaps a shot in the dark, but have you tried the effect of changingTERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=19 -->21 ?MikeEdit: I've just looked at the supplied documentation and noted:"Saba (SABA/TNCS) is a User-only airport, not suited for AI aircraft. The reason for this is that the airport sits higher then the actual Mesh terrain. Adding taxilines and parking spots to the AFCAD file will modify the mesh in a way that it interferes with the visual airport terrain."Perhaps this is the explanation, although I note your problem is with TNCM.

Guest macman4

When I fly online only the "heavies" are floating.Smaller airplanes seem to be on the ground. Bob

Well guys, I scanned and I have only one AF2 for TNCM. I have reinstalled and even replaced th eAF2 with one that was just released today or yesterday for this scenery.Any further ideas?Before I moved FS to my new drive, I didnt have this problem. After I put everything onto the new 320 HD, well, the rest is history.

Guest Elvi5

Did you use the installer to install it or rip it across from the old drive?

Looks like the classic problem of moving a default airport lower. The default airport is 4.0m and that is where the AI engine will place AI during initial sceenry load, unless a stub airport at the corrected elevation is placed in the default folder.Everything I find in a quick search suggests 4.0 m (13 ft) is correct. Could OP do a quick shift-Z in the default Cessna 172 and advise the elevation while on the tarmac?scott s..

Hi all:I had a similar problem after installing the new CYYZ scenery. It only did it once. There was one Air Canada jet floating at the gate when I landed and was taxing. I doesn't do that at all now but it may be from tweaking and accidentally changing the right perameter.Rick

Does the problem repeat after a cold shutdown and restart of your computer?The default FS2004 AP931250.bgl file for TNCM has the field elevation as alt="3.96" - default field elevations are in meters in the source files for FS.That's close enough to 12 feet elevation.The elevation you see in the SHFT+Z in FS is the eye viewpoint elevation - so you need to look in the aircraft.cfg file and subtract that number from the reading you see on the screen to see the field elevation.Elevations are read three times in FS2004 as FS/ a scenery loads. This is different from FS2002 which many people still think applies.The airport base floor is read from the AP9nnnnn.bgl file, and any modification files in the SceneryWorld folder. AI traffic parked on the airport will be loaded at this elevation.Scenery.cfg layer order does not apply to this base level function of FS.The user aircraft will be placed in the scenery on the second read which will be the elevation of the surfaces in the addon scenery file(s).The third read is for landing AI traffic, which will use the Runway elevation from the current airport "AFCAD" file. Since all files created with AFCAD2 tell FS to ignore the runway data (and much more) in the default AP9nnnnn.bgl files, this is where the landing aircraft usually get their information.Now, I don't think any basic elevation issues with the scenery are the problem at your airport.For one, with all the sales, we would have heard it much earlier. For another, I see plenty of screen shots on several different forums with AI at the right elevation.Some thing I can think of which might cause the problem.The first is the scenery cache files which hold information - the scenery.dat files.FS has a very bad habit of not refreshing information in these files - and the picture shows that type of error.Delete all Scenery.dat files in your FS folders. Shut down your computer, leave the power off for at least 10 minutes, then restart and see if the error is gone. Rebuilding all the scenery indexes might take a while, but doing that weekly is a really good basic maintenance process for FS.Be sure you only delete Scenery.DAT files - not any other .DAT files.Another potential cause is a modified AP931250.bgl file. The Flight1 Islands of the West Indies scenery replaces all those files with it's versions. Did you ever have that scenery installed?Did you ever have any of the other TNCM sceneries installed?Have you ever used JABBGL to change the elevation at that airport, or any of the other airports in the AP931250.bgl file - TFFJ, SABA, TQPF, TFFG, TNCE, TKPN, TKPK, CODR, COCO or TAPA?The size date and time of the SceneryNAMEScenery file AP931250.blg should be - 26KB - 5/31/2003 1:27AM or 12:27AMIf that file is modified, the original should be restored.But I'll bet clearing the scenery cache will fix the issue.

Well, I tryed everythign you mentioned. In the default 172, elevation on the field reads 3.7ft. I deleted the .DAT files and rebuilt everything. I still have the original AP931250.BGL. The date and time match yours.I know it's not the scenery I recieved. After it was released, FS was still on my C drive. Everything was fine on C. I uninstalled off of C and reinstalled everything on my new 320GB J Drive on monday and thats when all this started. Everything related to FS9 was a fresh and clean install onto the new drive. Im out of idea's.