Sign in to follow this  
Trans_27 Pilot Chase

TNCM floating AI?

Guest neslesman

If you have the Fly to Caribe sceneries uncheck them all in the scenery library then start adding them back on one by one. I found pieces of St. Maarten and St. Maarten and Barths in Caribe 6 and in another one. BTW I developed a similar problem to you yesterday when I added the Caribe titles, even though they were lower in the library.

You should have 2 Afcad for TNCM.1 is the default file which is always there and the second is the TNCM Afcad itself. If you only have one it sounds like you are actually missing the Afcad for TNCM itself...Good luck,-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

In the default 172, elevation on the field reads 3.7ftAt that reading - the scenery is being displayed at 0 ft above sea level (yes Zero).Something in the scenery install has gone wrong.Do you get the same reading at TFFJ?Make sure the Scenery Library has the Eastern North America selected as Active.Then check the airport after restarting FS.If the aircraft are still high, go back to the Scenery Library and make sure the Fly Tampa scenery is unselected - inactive. Also rename any AFCAD file in your Addon SceneryScenery folder as AF2_TNCM.....BGL.OLDShut down and restart FS.Check to see if you Cessna is at the 3.7 elevation, or 17.7 feet elevation at the default FS2004 airport scenery.If it is still at 3.7, you have something seriously wrong with the FS setup, it will probably need to be uninstalled and reinstalled.If it is 17.7, then the addon scenery or the AFCAD for the scenery was setup wrong.You could restart FS with just the Fly Tampa scenery active, but no the AFCAD file. See what you get.Then do it the other way around.You most probably had a glitch during the scenery install and something file didn't get written correctly.You can try reinstalling, but you might want to check their support forums. Glitches happen sometimes during installs. That's just how computers work - not anyone's fault.A clean reinstall of the glitched item usually resolves the problem.

A clean reinstall of the glitched item usually resolves the problem.Ive still been trying to get everything back on it since Monday... If it cant be corrected, then we all know what I'll be doing this weekend. :)

TFFJ is the same file in the default and the same payware scenery as TNCM.It should have exactly the same issue - except the AI should be about 30 feet higher in the air.

The terrain was horrible. It looked like a Picasso painting. Tranches dug, an invisible runway a few meters above the ground.I finally bit the bullet and went for a reinstallation of FS. Ill see how it turns out..

Guest neslesman

There is at least one thread on Fly Tampa forum on this issue but no solution plus there are a few other threads with elevaton issues some the opposite of yours. There has to be conflict with something but what? Good luck.

One very strong candidate for an major issue related to TNCM and the area is the Flight One Islands of the West Indies series.That series renames all the default files for the region and uses their custom files with different file names. For everything, airports, islands, mesh, water polygons, etc.

>Problem solved.>>Complete FS reinstallation. :)sorry to hear that huge task a complete reinstall glad you solved it :-)Andr

André

Guest ArtieLange

>Hi guys,>>Well I installed FS9 on my new drive and then I installed FT's>new St Maarten. Didnt have this problem before, but now the>static AI is floating. Any ideas?>>Thanks in advance guys!>>>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170083.jpg>Where did you get the AI ? This is a classic problem of add on traffic and multiple afcads.