Sign in to follow this  
teeps

Flight 1 Super 80 vs Maddog 2006

Hey All,I was wondering how these two stack up relative to one another, i.e. what does Maddog 2006 have that the Super 80 doesn't to justify the fairly big price gap?Thanks in advance!

One big show stopper for me is the lack of VC in the Maddog... I read that it will be coming (when I am not sure).. The flight1 Super80 us based on older avionics, etc, etc...the Maddog seems to have nice features such as weather radar,etc...I like the F1 S80 but I am looking forward to a Maddog with VC :)John

I've only played with the Flight1 S80 for a little bit but IMHO the Maddog blows it out of the water as far as system simulation goes and 2d panel graphics.

I have both. And the MADDOG2006 is MUCH MUCH better. System-wise it's up there with Level-D, PT154B2, PMDG...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

But where would you say the Super 80 sits in that pantheon? System wise is it the level of the Feelthere 737s, or more or less? I'm trying to figure out what level I actually want (I already have PMDG 747 and LDS 767 and feelthere 737s, and like them all, though LDS is my favourite).Thanks for the opinions so far.

>But where would you say the Super 80 sits in that pantheon? >System wise is it the level of the Feelthere 737s, or more or>less? I'm trying to figure out what level I actually want (I>already have PMDG 747 and LDS 767 and feelthere 737s, and like>them all, though LDS is my favourite).>>Thanks for the opinions so far.I think he explained it pretty well... the systems simulation is at the level and in some cases beyond LDS and PMDG, which is way beyond what FeelThere usually offers.

Alex,Sorry I meant where does the Flight1 product sit - I understand that everyone is saying Maddog 2006 is the "mutt's nuts" (to use an English colloquialism) and on a par with LDS etc., but I'm not sure how far off the Flight 1 Super 80 is yet.Cheers.

Systemwise, the Flight1 is more or less in the "FeelThere/PSS League"... I mean it misses some stuff that seems now kinda standard to "Big Fishes" like LDS, etc... Exemples.- The ext. model animations are not (well) tied to panels syst./functions... - The FDE is a bit below Maddod2006 (That's my personal feeling of course). The Flight1 Super 80 needs a lot of thrust to taxi...- The APU doesn't burn fuel... I could go on. But I think you got it... ;-)

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest pdxbulldog

You won't go wrong with the Italian version of this workhorse unless the VC is a show stopper. I use a multiple monitor set-up, so I actually want add ons where the VC can be removed from the model. I like having the 2d panel on a separate display. As noted above, the systems fidelity seems good (never flown in an MD 80 in front of Row 1 - though I did drive a 777 simulator at the AVSIM conference in Denver), the panel is well done with only few little nits - some of the labels are hard to read. Flies very well by hand. Only complaint is that the manual could be a bet better laid out. The tutorial is far from comprehensive and the various sections could be better organizated. That said, I do think someone publised a proceedure check list on the MD forums which would be a great help. Have fun. Colin in Portland

Would love to give some repsonse to how the F1 Super 80 is but whenever I have flown it I get OOM errors :( so have stopped using it...

The Flight 1 MD80 was the only Flight1 product I returned for a refund. Those OOM errors drove me up the wall and from what I could gauge from the MD80 forums there was no forth coming fix on the horizon so I got my money back. Such a shame too because it is a nice bird based on the older avionics.

I went for the Flight1 Super 80, as I couldn't make the mental leap between the