Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

Cannot install newest DirectX 9.0c

Fellow simmers,I need your help. I have been trying to install the latest DirectX 9.0c v9.18.944 dated 4/10/2007 it says that installation is complete, when I run dxdiag I see that an older version is still in place v4.09.0000.0904I tried deleting the registry entry, rebooting then try to install but then I get an error message and the installation is discontinued.Can someone please tell me how to get to a workaround on this one and install the new version?Thanks,

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest brillo

Same here. Last five or six DX 9 updates d/l and install OK, but just before completion, fail.The only way I have found (recommended here by Manny, thank you very much) is to d/l the whole enchilada, the latest DX 9 redistributable at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=enYes, I agree, it's one big-a** file and you only want a little piece of it, but this works, every time. Dupes automatically delete. You end up with a tight, little updated DX 9, no more, no less. To check, when it's done installing, run dxdiag, let it load, click on DirectX Files tab, scroll down and check the dates. You'll see the April 2007 files somewhere in the middle of the list. Voila!BTW, dxdiag always shows version 4.09.0000.0904 on the sys info list. Look in the DirectX Files list to see what's actually there. Rob Central Oregon

>Same here. Last five or six DX 9 updates d/l and install OK,>but just before completion, fail.>>The only way I have found (recommended here by Manny, thank>you very much) is to d/l the whole enchilada, the latest DX 9>redistributable at:>http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en>>Yes, I agree, it's one big-a** file and you only want a little>piece of it, but this works, every time. Dupes automatically>delete. You end up with a tight, little updated DX 9, no>more, no less. >>To check, when it's done installing, run dxdiag, let it load,>click on DirectX Files tab, scroll down and check the dates.>You'll see the April 2007 files somewhere in the middle of the>list. Voila!>>BTW, dxdiag always shows version 4.09.0000.0904 on the sys>info list. Look in the DirectX Files list to see what's>actually there. >>Rob >Central OregonHi Rob,Thanks for taking the time to reply and I will give it a try. Appreciate your help.Ok I ran the dxsetup and I see the 2007 files in dxdiag, I wonder where the .cab files go. I am going to send an email off to MS and see what they have to say.Thanks again,

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest brillo

I have always assumed the .cab files were flotsam (like a compressed file format of some kind), so I just tossed'em after the install. If, for some unfathomable reason, we're supposed to do something with any or all of that stuff, like Steve said, "let us know what they say please Rob."Close the pod bay doors please Hal. (always wanted to say that)RobCentral Oregon

Hi guys,Hopefully you subscribed to this message. Here is a link to a question I posed to the Aces team. Hopefully someone can help as I got a standard reply from MS Cusotmer Service in India pointing me in all directions for help (some of which I could pay for) but all I had was a simple question.Go here for my post:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=393626&page=

\Robert Hamlich/