Sign in to follow this  
moss1

Looking for De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter

Hey everyone, I am looking for a high quality De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter either payware or freeware. Excellent fully fuctional VC is a must for me as that is all I fly. Any suggestions? I need this AC for the new Fly Tampa package. Thanks in advance for your input.

Yep it's time for a fine STOL-like aircraft like a fully featured Twin Otter, Dornier 228 or even a Islander/Trislander type. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b...ier_airline.jpgWe don't need no other boring tubeliner, we need a STOL island hopper :(Rob "Holland&Holland" de Vries http://fool.exler.ru/sm/fly2.gif"To go up, pull the stick back. To go down, pull the stick back harder"

RobdeVries.jpg

Just an FYI,I am using the Lago Twotter and I have no complaints with it. It is a nice compliment to TNCM/TFFJ and if you use multi monitor and undock the O/H it is 80-90%flyable entirely from the VC. TBH, I fly her entirely from the VC no issues... Anyone know where the trim indicator is in this bird though :)?-PaulPrimary RigLiquid CooledIntel C2D E6600 @3.2 gigsAsus P5N32SLI-Plus2 gigs Corsair XMS PC6400 4 4 4 12 @810Dual OC'd XFX 8800GTX @ 2 gigs24 inch Widescreen LCD 16XAA/16XAFDual 19 inch LCD'sRaid-0+1PCPower and Cooling 1k Quad SLIhttp://home.comcast.net/~psolk/3monitorsa.htmlBackup RigAMD 4000 San Diego @ 2.72 Gigs Kingston Corsair XMS CL2XFX 7900 GTX Raid-0psolk.jpg

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

"Anyone know where the trim indicator is in this bird though :)?"Not available on this bird sir, other than the TRIM NEUTRAL annunciator.You should have neutral trim for takeoff, and set as you like enroute. I guess the real aircraft changes trim automatically based on flap setting.

Regards,

Brian Doney

I had a thing once for the Twin Otter and tried pretty much every model free or pay out there. To MY own satisfaction I found the Eric Dantes version the most pleasing. Lago's ran very well on my system and was a close second. For your informationGeorge Tyrrelledit Actually now that i think of it I remember the Lago fde was severly questioned in some circles, but it made it easier to fly for the sim beginner, and I remember that the reason I didn't use it over Eric Dantes model was that the fuselage was too 'fat' in my opinion. Eric's model looked visually more proportionate to real world photos.

Guest neslesman

I would like to see a high end Twin Otter too, even thought the Lago one is pretty respectable.

>I had a thing once for the Twin Otter and tried pretty much>every model free or pay out there. To MY own satisfaction I>found the Eric Dantes version the most pleasing. Lago's ran>very well on my system and was a close second. >For your information>George Tyrrell>>edit Actually now that i think of it I remember the Lago fde>was severly questioned in some circles, but it made it easier>to fly for the sim beginner, and I remember that the reason I>didn't use it over Eric Dantes model was that the fuselage was>too 'fat' in my opinion. Eric's model looked visually more>proportionate to real world photos. I think the Dantes/Illanes model has the best VC and I still fly it regularly. You can find it at Simviation:http://www.simviation.com/fs2002props39.htmand the file is: DHC-6 Twin Otter Amphibian, CC-238 , CAF packageFrog

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE