Sign in to follow this  
alsummers

Anti-aliasing disabling itself? Anyone experience this?!

Hi everyone,Yesterday I had loaded FS2004, and minimized to desktop for whatever reason, and on maximizing back to FS2004, anti-aliasing had disabled itself, and it was a horrendous 'jaggy'-fest! The only way to remedy it turned out to be rebooting the whole computer.Today I notice that having used FS2004 this morning (computer remaining on all day), I loaded it up just now, and the same problem has occured! It would seem I am going to have to reboot between every FS session!Anybody heard of this rather odd problem!?Regards,Al.

Guest dpc

Typically a driver related issue. What is your card?

Guest yarvelling

I used to have this sort of problem a year or so ago when I was using a GeForce 6600GT on my old AMD 3000+/1GB DDR system. It would often happen when flying the RA Spitfire; I would be flying along and would see a subtle change come over the image...the AA had just switched off! I didn't have to do anything; no view change, nothing...it just 'went'!!I found that this only seemed to happen if I had AA set in the driver control panel; if I set it to 'application prefrence', and switched on AA in FS9, then it stayed...no more problems! At the time, I tried several different drivers with no change to the results.I just put it down to a quirk; maybe an FS issue, or perhaps it may have been the cards' way of trying to utilise it's RAM better? I don't know....never did find out!Since I upgraded to a P4 Dual core (945), 2 gb DDR2, nVidia 7900GT (256mb), I've never had this happen again.Thinking about it now, perhaps it was something similar to what can happen under Vista where the video driver shuts down and then restarts....?